Garrett Gilbert Quarterback Texas +3000
LaMichael JamesRunning backOregon +3300
Tate Forcier Quarterback Michigan +3500
Josh Nesbitt Quarterback Georgia Tech +6000
Jerrod JohnsonQuarterback Texas A&M +6000
Blaine Gabbert Quarterback Missouri +6600
Jordan Todman Running back Connecticut +6600
Robert Griffin Quarterback Baylor +6600

Place your bets: Odds are out on early Heisman Trophy winner – College Gridiron 365 Blog – Orlando Sentinel

Tate Forcier Quarterback Michigan +3500

this guy and his family are the biggest dbags on the planet

Greene wasn't on any lists to start either......maybe we'll see much of the same this year. Let's hope. If Stanzi is listed in ANY capacity as a Heisman candidate, Iowa is undefeated for sure.

mallett, harris, and cankles are WAY too high. won't even comment on forcier being on the list as the back up for a team that will go 6-6 or 7-5 AT BEST this year.

Last edited:
Garrett Gilbert? The kid has ZERO starts and has only played in one significant game with mediocre results. If that doesn't prove that the award is more about who you play for than your actual skill, I don't know what does. That's as bad as a few years ago when John David Booty was a Heisman contender when he too had zero starts on his record. At least the rest of them have some stats to back things up.

Bookies will gladly take your money if you are stupid enough to wager on Forcier, amongst others.

Greene wasn't on any lists to start either......maybe we'll see much of the same this year. Let's hope. If Stanzi is listed in ANY capacity as a Heisman candidate, Iowa is undefeated for sure.

Thats because he weighed 300 lbs, and was just sitting on the couch eating cheetohs. ;)

Wait. Josh Nesbit from GT is on this list and Stanzi isn't? Isn't this the guy that could barely complete a pass in the orange bowl?

"No one outside of Iowa message boards think that Stanzi is a Heisman contender. Plus, Stanzi's name alone is not enough to get people to bet, like Forcier's is."

is this in regards to Betting/Vegas odds? this would clearly make sense if that's the case----

Yes, i take full ownership of my Hawkeye Juice addictions but even objectivley it's really hard not to see how Stanzi could be considered at least a dark horse candidate. Yes yes, the easy thing to do (and certainly the most obvious) is to notate stanzi's interception issues, but if those are corrected this season, that alone will boost his profile will it not? Not to mention if he continues his undefeated record from 2009 (start/finish)......

I know I'm probably going to get shredded for saying this, but Stanzi certainly has the qualities, leadership, (let's not forget the intangibles) and capabilities at being in the Vanguard at his position to become a Heisman candidate, i guess at the end of the day it boils down to if he executes his full abilities.....

yes? or am i still a hawkalohic?

Time will tell if we have someone emerge, preseason hype is just that. If we can win and get some national TV, then our guys have a chance.

Neither was Banks. For that matter, Ingram wasn't on the list last year either.

Garrett Gilbert? The kid has ZERO starts and has only played in one significant game with mediocre results. If that doesn't prove that the award is more about who you play for than your actual skill, I don't know what does. That's as bad as a few years ago when John David Booty was a Heisman contender when he too had zero starts on his record. At least the rest of them have some stats to back things up.

There are a crapload of really stupid Texans. I am serious, no other state comes even remotely close to the number of poorly educated idiots as there are in that state. Taking betting money from them is like taking candy from a baby. And they make it extra easy because they take pride in their lack of education and narrow-minded thinking.

Let me start this by saying that Stanzi is the leader of the team and I truly believe he is a good QB. He is obviously very important to the success of the Iowa Football team. But, why should anyone put Stanzi on a list for Heisman? He had a solid year last year don't get me wrong; but everyone should just hope that he doesn't throw a Rick Six every single game. Heisman is a bit out of reach if you ask me. I have been a season ticket holder for 6 years and just as big a Hawk fan as anyone...but come on. What about a 17TD 15 INT stat line screams Heisman? Let's just hope for all Big-Ten and see what happens.

Latest posts