2010 Football team=2015-16 Basketball team?

HawkeyeGunner

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus but this team reminded me of the 2010 football team and how it came apart. There where always those whispered rumors of internal strife and DJK and Robinson getting into trouble. Is this team the same way? Are there to many egos on this team that are blowing it apart? This years swoon reminds me of the collapse of 2010. This was the season Coker ran wild over Minny but we still lost. Last nights Joks play seemed a lot like that as well. It seems like each player is getting his but they aren't cohesive. Anyone heard anything?

Very similar teams. Both ran out of gas game after game. However the fb team got a good post season win...hope it happens in hoops.

They're are some parallels but overall the makeup of the teams was different. One thing I would say is leadership. Both teams lack/lacked strong leaders.

If anything, this hoops team NEEDS an ego. Nobody seems willing or able to get a bucket, inbound the ball, or hit a free throw when one is needed most.

I don't see any DJK-style drama on this team.

It's trending that way, but if this basketball team can make the Sweet 16, then, in many ways, all is forgive these past 6 weeks.
If the basketball team flames out in the First Round, the the 2015-16 basketball team, wins this match-up.
If the basketball team flames out in the Second Round, then it's a draw.

It's trending that way, but if this basketball team can make the Sweet 16, then, in many ways, all is forgive these past 6 weeks.
If the basketball team flames out in the First Round, the the 2015-16 basketball team, wins this match-up.
If the basketball team flames out in the Second Round, then it's a draw.

Thats a pretty big IF.

^^^^^^^
If "ands" & "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry f*cking XMAS. However, I can almost see Iowa pulling this off starting this coming Thursday or Friday

If anything, this hoops team NEEDS an ego. Nobody seems willing or able to get a bucket, inbound the ball, or hit a free throw when one is needed most.

I don't see any DJK-style drama on this team.

I'm not sure the is a way to give an "abnormally large, like circus freak Ripley s believe it or not sized" thumbs up but if there was a way I'm giving it here. Along with a normal thumbs up for posting purposes. We don't have that guy that goes over and says give me the ball. The guy that the coach has to step back every once in a while and say "holy crap this kid is serious", pee himself just a little bit cuz that scared him a little and then smile and say, "take us home son." Gessell, uthoff, jok, sappy, baer, uhl, ellingson...are you kidding me? Who is intimidated by one of these players? I love them all, but I think of a group of deer, sweet sweet doe-eyed innocent creatures standing in the road as a panzer is bearing down on them and the ditches are filled with alligators and the forest is burning and a banjo is playing somewhere and zombies are coming out of the ground and....well....they just all crap themselves and it's over quickly. Now, I think they fight and battle as a deer or any animal or good basketball team will do to save it's life...but where is SUPER DEER? *cue theatrical trailer music* "In a world...where evil thrives and innocent hawkeye fans tremble in fear, only one deer, born in a forest far far away, can save the herd. Left for dead as roadkill when he was but a fawn, super deer was raised by wolves and recruited by the iowa hawkeyes to save the hawkeye nation and bring victory where defeat would otherwise prevail. Directed by Fran McCaffrey DEER SLAYER: FINAL JUSTICE, hopefully coming to theatres and carver hawkeye soon.

Latest posts