Devin Marble
Ben Brust
Zach McCabe

Tucker-Open schollie
Larson- Open Schollie
Fuller- Open Schollie

Am I missing anybody?

Last edited:
I believe the NCAA allows for 13 scholarships. I don't think Neari will be on scholarship... so the Hawkeyes should currently have 3 scholarships available. We will soon find out the coach's evaluation of the current roster and what he thinks he can get out of them based upon the direction his recruiting goes.
Brommer has the capability to be the most improved player in the B10 next year, and we haven't seen what Archie brings. Is Cougill capable of playing down low in Big Ten games? His conditioning and strength need a bit of improvement, which will also help his confidence.
The point guard situation isn't as bad as we make it out to be for many reasons which I am sure many would argue. Cully Payne is getting better all the time and will be able to put away most of the minutes... back-ups could include May, Brust, Marble, and even Gatens with a bit of practice time at that position. We are not dead in the water at that position as much as we need a solid post player. Cole is good, but needs more help than what we are giving him.

Nick Neari is a walk-on.

I know Nick is a walk-on but I'm just trying to see what the team looks like. I know it's liable to change in the next few days. I look forward to when we add players that Coach Fran has selected and stop losing players.

Looking ahead to the next 7 months, Iowa has four scholarships to fill...as long as Brust remains in the live well. Iowa is going to continue to be a young an inexperienced team for a while.

Looking ahead to the next 7 months, Iowa has four scholarships to fill...as long as Brust remains in the live well. Iowa is going to continue to be a young an inexperienced team for a while.
Just to head off some comments, I assume you are including Cole's scholarship because it will probably be filled for 2011 in the next 7 months.

Cully Payne
Eric May
Matt Gatens
Brennan Cougill
Andrew Brommer
Devan Archie
Jarryd Cole

Nick Neari- Walk-On

Devin Marble
Ben Brust
Zach McCabe

Tucker-Open schollie
Larson- Open Schollie
Fuller- Open Schollie

Am I missing anybody?

Cougill needs to increase his points-per-game average by about 27.5 if we are going to compete. I think there is a pretty good chance that he will do that, so I'm not concerned...

Crap...

Jon, can you explain where the 4th schollie comes from. transfer or release from LOI? Thanks.

Latest posts