2009 Penn State feel to this game.

ShadasRevenge

I think this not because of the quality of both teams, but because of the build-up to the game. Minnesota has had this date circled since they walked off the field at Kinnick last year. Their fans, media and players have all pointed to this game as a potential turning point. Some of their players were talking about this game before they played San Jose State, and Morehouse tweeted some photos of Gopher players wearing "Free Floyd" t-shirts while they were lifting this week. They clearly want to win this game.

Iowa had go into a raucous crowd at Penn State in 2009, and it'll be the same today. It looks like the rain will be a factor today just as it was then, It wouldn't be that surprising if Minnesota tries to jump on Iowa right off the bat, especially if they get the ball first. Minnesota is clearly pumped up for this game and will try to use that emotion to get up quick and then carry the day. Iowa has to withstand that, take Minnesota's best shot (which will come early) and then stick to the plan and let the defense do the job.

Go Hawks!

It's different for me just cuz I was really amped going into that game in '09 b/c I could see Iowa was very good and highly underrated/under appreciated on the national stage. Thought PSU was a bit overrated & ripe for the pickings.

This situation feels quite a bit different to me - I think Minny is a decent team (probably in the running for a top-half finish this year), whereas I think we're improved but still pretty mediocre (probably a year off from being where Minny is at)

I am hoping for a competitive game, but I think we need to be prepared to stomach a loss.

Latest posts