'20 Oskaloosa Big Man Xavier Foster Talks Recent Iowa Visit

RobHowe

Administrator
Class of 2020 big man Xavier Foster returned to Iowa last week for another look at the Hawkeyes. The Oskaloosa sophomore spoke to HN about the stop:

LINK

Class of 2020 big man Xavier Foster returned to Iowa last week for another look at the Hawkeyes. The Oskaloosa sophomore spoke to HN about the stop:

LINK

He's a big piece of the puzzle for the future I think. It's so nice to have a coach you can rely on to get the top in state kids to stay home.

He's still growing too I thought I'd heard... Having a 7'1 wingspan at 6'8 is pretty crazy. Hopefully with Fran not letting off the gas he'll be a Hawk

It seems XF wants to be a Hawk. It may just boil down to whether Fran can keep him interested. If he can, then it almost already feels like XF going to be a Hawk. When he's interviewed, he just sounds like he already thinks of himself as a Hawk.

It seems XF wants to be a Hawk. It may just boil down to whether Fran can keep him interested. If he can, then it almost already feels like XF going to be a Hawk. When he's interviewed, he just sounds like he already thinks of himself as a Hawk.
The way to keep him interested is IOWA will need to have GREAT seasons the next 2 years. With all the experience that will be here and the talent coming in that will need to happen.

The way to keep him interested is IOWA will need to have GREAT seasons the next 2 years. With all the experience that will be here and the talent coming in that will need to happen.

spot on. And I think we will have very good seasons.

So he's be a Frosh, when Garza is a Senior. Perfect. With that wing span at 16, you have to think he'll grow a few more inches.

Have success in the tournaments should be able to keep him in Iowa.

Or an anonymous donation of 50k from some good intentioned booster.

It sounds like the only way he wouldn't go to Iowa is if some school can offer him a deal he can't refuse. There is a lot of garbage that goes on in college recruiting so it remains to be seen if he goes to Iowa.

It sounds like the only way he wouldn't go to Iowa is if some school can offer him a deal he can't refuse. There is a lot of garbage that goes on in college recruiting so it remains to be seen if he goes to Iowa.

Don't you feel like the ongoing FBI investigation actually gives Iowa a chance for some of these guys? Maybe that is just black-and-gold-colored glasses, but it feels like the feds have leveled the playing field a tiny bit.

Don't you feel like the ongoing FBI investigation actually gives Iowa a chance for some of these guys? Maybe that is just black-and-gold-colored glasses, but it feels like the feds have leveled the playing field a tiny bit.
I think more than a little bit ... the blue bloods know they are being watched very closely now and the FBI investigation is still going on.