'20 Big Man Josh Ogundele Enjoys Hawkeye Official Visit

Yeah, he's declaring today correct? Not tomorrow? Iowa could use some good news, but I am not holding my breath.

Apparently at 8:30 this morning he is announcing and then signing tomorrow.

I asked him when he was signing. And that's what I reported yesterday it was Thursday. Then he Tweeted he was announcing Wednesday. I should have asked when he was announcing.

I love covering recruiting.

This guy now becomes a must have!

giphy.gif

I didn't want to jinx it or look stupid, but when he went out of his way to reach out to @RobHowe I sorta got the impression he was committing to Iowa. I mean would he really reach out to Rob about his commitment the day before he commits to Rutgers? I mean...maybe...but would be sorta weird.

Okay this is going to sound like a typical “sour grapes” post.

But I did want this guy more than Foster (wanted both for sure). Only because Foster looks like a lengthy finesse post and Fran built a roster full of those guys.

Josh O appears to be a big bodied post who can push people around down low. Something I don’t think Fran has ever had

Glad to say I was wrong about getting another kick in the stones.

Gonna be a better rebounder down low than Xavier, at least.

The conditioning concerns are a red flag but it will work its way out one way or the other. He’ll have a good S&C program at his disposal if he takes advantage of it.

The conditioning concerns are a red flag but it will work its way out one way or the other. He’ll have a good S&C program at his disposal if he takes advantage of it.
Surely with a year till he's on campus he can improve on his conditioning. We won't lean on him for big mins early on anyway with Garza (just assuming he'll be here for SR yr) and Nunge still here. I mean unless he's too good to keep off the floor he'll have plenty of time to work on his frame and overall fitness for a couple yrs easy till he'll be relied upon.

Okay this is going to sound like a typical “sour grapes” post.

But I did want this guy more than Foster (wanted both for sure). Only because Foster looks like a lengthy finesse post and Fran built a roster full of those guys.

Josh O appears to be a big bodied post who can push people around down low. Something I don’t think Fran has ever had
The shot blocking is the big thing with XF. We have been bad defensively and haven’t had much for rim protection. That’s the big thing we lost out on XF.

Yep. Nothing to freak out over but something on which to keep an eye. With Kriener graduating, I think there could be some minutes there for Ogundele.

Yep. Nothing to freak out over but something on which to keep an eye. With Kriener graduating, I think there could be some minutes there for Ogundele.
I still think this is Pemsl’s last year here, but that’s just my opinion.

The big offseason story for me will be if Pat can put on enough weight to handle the four spot. If so I think that would slide Nunge down to the 5 more, which I think he’s better suited for anyway. That wouldn’t leave many minutes for Ogundele.

In other interviews I have read he didn’t sound like a guy who would be interested in redshirting though.

I could see Pemsl moving on as a grad transfer if his minutes are limited this season.

Patrick is going to struggle to add weight because of the medication he is on after having cancer. He could play some four when they go small, but in the traditional sense, it's probably more likely down the road when he can add strength despite being lighter. That takes more time.

As I said, I think, and have heard, Wieskamp and Garza will go through NBA Draft process next spring as things stand now. What that ends up meaning, I don't know. We'll find out over time.

College basketball rosters are as fluid as they've ever been.