2 RBs in 1000 yard club in RB position room

My thoughts heading into week #1.

I'd been wondering when the last time we had 2 1000-yard rushers? It seems like it's happened one or two times but years ago, for some reason Tavian Banks comes to mind. I was thinking this could be that kind of year.

With Tim Lester communicating that his offense is predicated on a strong running game I'm hopeful His goal is to have opposing defenses to not be able to anticipate our plays which seems like forever since this has been the case.

If we are really going to have 9 diffferent runners with rushing TDs I don't see 2 1000 yard rushers. Maybe LeShaun and Kaleb could each rush for 800 or so yards and make a run at 2000 career yards?

But now with Kamari emerging I'm guessing carries will be spread around and all three could have a bunch of yards and don't forget Jazium. The room appears quite healthy!

My bottom-line hope is that we have a good, solid offense and we win. We'll see how the stats shake out.

go hawks

My thoughts heading into week #1.

I'd been wondering when the last time we had 2 1000-yard rushers? It seems like it's happened one or two times but years ago, for some reason Tavian Banks comes to mind. I was thinking this could be that kind of year.

With Tim Lester communicating that his offense is predicated on a strong running game I'm hopeful His goal is to have opposing defenses to not be able to anticipate our plays which seems like forever since this has been the case.

If we are really going to have 9 diffferent runners with rushing TDs I don't see 2 1000 yard rushers. Maybe LeShaun and Kaleb could each rush for 800 or so yards and make a run at 2000 career yards?

But now with Kamari emerging I'm guessing carries will be spread around and all three could have a bunch of yards and don't forget Jazium. The room appears quite healthy!

My bottom-line hope is that we have a good, solid offense and we win. We'll see how the stats shake out.

go hawks

Wadley and Daniels both hit 1,000 yds in 2016.

In 2015, Canzeri was just short of 1,000, Daniels had about 650 yds, and Wadley had about 500 yds. Something like that seems possible with this RB room.

Here are Lester's top rushers when he was at W. Mich:
2017: 1,228 yds and 589 yds
2018: 1,228 yds and 764 yds
2019: 1,472 yds, 390 yds, 351 yds, 319 yds (QB)
2020 (prorated): 1,248 yds, 526 yds, 436 yds
2021: 1,140 yds, 836 yds, 473 yds
2022: 1,027 yds, 235 yds (Lester was fired after this year)

If only we could play against MAC defenses.

2 1000 yard runners to start the season as Moulton's backups. I love it. IF Moulton remains that guy, not a bad problem to have.

We would kill for a MAC offense.

I see Labas is playing tonight. Predictions for total offense and TDs?
MAC Offense...maybe, but after watching NDSU last night really wishing Miller would have stayed close to home.

Didn't catch the game but looked like Labas put up some good numbers.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, today I was comparing the different spellings of LeShon, LeShun, LeShaun, LeSean, as well as DeShaun, DeShon, and Deshaun, because I can get confused myself. This is what I found out.

LeShon - example found - current Hawkeye RB LeShon Williams

LeShun - example found - former Hawkeye RB LeShun Daniels.

LeShaun - I did not find any examples of a LeShaun that ever played for Iowa, but I did find examples on other college and NFL teams

LeSean - I did not find any examples of a LeSean that ever played for Iowa, but I did find examples on other college and NFL teams

DeShaun - examples - current Iowa CB DeShaun Lee, UCLA coach Deshaun Foster

Deshon - I did not find any examples of a Deshon that ever played for Iowa, but there are examples on other college and NFL teams

DeShun - I did not find any examples of a DeShun that ever played for Iowa, but there are examples on other college and NFL teams

DeSean - I did not find any examples of a DeSean that played for Iowa, although I did find a guy called DeJean, as in Cooper DeJean.

MAC Offense...maybe, but after watching NDSU last night really wishing Miller would have stayed close to home.

Didn't catch the game but looked like Labas put up some good numbers.

Now you've got me confused:)

In checking the hawkeyhe roster I see I've been misspelling William's first name all year, probably even last yhear, it's Leshon not LeShaun. It does appear the s is not capitalized. You learn something every day!

Now you've got me confused:)

In checking the hawkeyhe roster I see I've been misspelling William's first name all year, probably even last yhear, it's Leshon not LeShaun. It does appear the s is not capitalized. You learn something every day!
I talked to him today. He is really disappointed in you.

Post Illinois St:

career
yards

1310 Kaleb Johnson 119 in this game
1250 Leshon Williams 9
158 Kamari Moulton 65

Road to 9 rushers scoring rushing TDs:
1. Kaleb Johnson

Post Illinois St:

career
yards

1310 Kaleb Johnson 119 in this game
1250 Leshon Williams 9
158 Kamari Moulton 65

1. Kaleb Johnson
Definitely hoping we’d see more rushing TDs, but we may have found a new stat line none of us are familiar with. It’s called TD passes to receivers. Who knew.

LeVar woods was really up in K. Johnson's face following the opening kickoff of the 2nd half. I wasn't sure what was going on there (the kick sailed over Johnson's head, into the endzone), but with this news, I wonder if he was just trying to light a fire and get KJ pumped to be the workhorse for the remainder of the game.

I thought KJ looked a little rusty initially, he got antsy and didn't follow his blocks on a couple early plays that were well set-up (a toss to the left, and later a screen). But he got better as the game went on, and both TD runs showed why he is special.

I haven't seen anyone take note of this so thought I'd throw it out for consumption.

For as bad as our offense has been the last several years it's amazing, to me at least, that we have 2 RBs currently in the RB position room that are already over the career 1000-yard rushing bar.

I haven't seen a current 1000yard club list for the Hawks so don't know where they stand exactly.

LeShhaun Williams currently has 1241 career rushing yards. When LeShaun was a freshman, I wouldn't have given him a chance to make this club. He's done it through hard work and effort. You have to give him credit for persevering and making his mark as one of the Hawkeye greats.

Kaleb Johnson has 1191 career yards. Kaleb burst onto the scene 2 years ago as a true freshman and went gangbusters, as much as he could with a weak O line. It appeared he was destined for true greatness, but he tailed off last year as a sophomore. Still, he went over 1000 yards for his career.

With a breakout year this fall either could make a run at 2000 career yards. That would be something.

Jazium Patterson currently has 223 career yards. He's shown some flashes but I've read where he may have dropped to #4 on the depth chart so we'll have to see where his career is going.

The guy who has possibly moved ahead of Jaziun is Kamari Moulton.He looked pretty tough in limited actino last year and finished with only 93 rushing yards, a redshirt year I'm guessing. But off-season reports say he has really put in the work getting ready for this year and could emerge.

I look forward to an improved running game. Go Hawks

I'm missing the significance of 1,000 yards during a career.

But I agree the RB room (hate that expression) has been good for several years now.

I noticed that Max White was the fourth back used yesterday. Patterson must be in Ladell Bett's dog house.

I noticed that as well.

One of my friends told me Johnson didn't play in the first half was due to some kind of minor team infraction.

Post Iowa St:

career
yards

1497 Kaleb Johnson 187 in this game
1253 Leshon Williams 3
174 Kamari Moulton 16

1. Kaleb Johnson

Latest posts