2 RBs in 1000 yard club in RB position room

Zstatman

I haven't seen anyone take note of this so thought I'd throw it out for consumption.

For as bad as our offense has been the last several years it's amazing, to me at least, that we have 2 RBs currently in the RB position room that are already over the career 1000-yard rushing bar.

I haven't seen a current 1000yard club list for the Hawks so don't know where they stand exactly.

LeShhaun Williams currently has 1241 career rushing yards. When LeShaun was a freshman, I wouldn't have given him a chance to make this club. He's done it through hard work and effort. You have to give him credit for persevering and making his mark as one of the Hawkeye greats.

Kaleb Johnson has 1191 career yards. Kaleb burst onto the scene 2 years ago as a true freshman and went gangbusters, as much as he could with a weak O line. It appeared he was destined for true greatness, but he tailed off last year as a sophomore. Still, he went over 1000 yards for his career.

With a breakout year this fall either could make a run at 2000 career yards. That would be something.

Jazium Patterson currently has 223 career yards. He's shown some flashes but I've read where he may have dropped to #4 on the depth chart so we'll have to see where his career is going.

The guy who has possibly moved ahead of Jaziun is Kamari Moulton.He looked pretty tough in limited actino last year and finished with only 93 rushing yards, a redshirt year I'm guessing. But off-season reports say he has really put in the work getting ready for this year and could emerge.

I look forward to an improved running game. Go Hawks

Last year was interesting because we all saw Kaleb Johnson superstar potential as a freshman 2 years ago. While Leshon Williams was expected to be a solid backup until the younger RB'S got more experience.

Kaleb must have been hurt last year but I will give Williams credit for making the most of the opportunity and earned the right to be called the returning starter from last year. But I still think Kaleb has the higher ceiling and the biggest superstar potential.

Which of course invites the biggest question of all. Why isn't Kaleb Johnson listed on the Iowa roster in the new EA sports College Football 25 game?

Last year was interesting because we all saw Kaleb Johnson superstar potential as a freshman 2 years ago. While Leshon Williams was expected to be a solid backup until the younger RB'S got more experience.

Kaleb must have been hurt last year but I will give Williams credit for making the most of the opportunity and earned the right to be called the returning starter from last year. But I still think Kaleb has the higher ceiling and the biggest superstar potential.

Which of course invites the biggest question of all. Why isn't Kaleb Johnson listed on the Iowa roster in the new EA sports College Football 25 game?

Kaleb IS listed on the official Hawkeye roster.

And they did all that with a banged up offensive line and almost no threat of a viable passing game.

Iowa's offense has a chance to be more than ok if the QB play is just like Nate Stanley good. Experienced line, deep and talented TE and RB rooms. Just need a QB.

We have the QB. We just don't know who he is yet.
If we can simply find a game manager we will be OK.

Is pot smoking legal in Iowa now? I just read Chad Leistikow's article in hawkcentral where he makes 5 bold predictions for this coming season. #1 is that a new program record will be set with 9 different rushers scoring rushing |TDs this year. That would be something, but it would be fun.

In perusing the roster, the 9 could come from this group, IMO. Cade McNamera, Brendan Sullivan, Marco Laineez, Jackson Stratton, LeShaun Williams, Kaleb Johnson, Kamari Moulton, Jazium Pattreson, Terrel Washngton, Max White, Brevin Doll, Rusty VanWentzengon, A WR on a reverse (take your pick), or maybe a fake punt or fake field goal. OK, I guess it could happen............Kirk 3.0 anyone?

Wouldnt that be Kirk 5.0?

Kirk 1.0.- 2002 to 2004
Kirk 2.0.- 2008 to 2010
Kirk 3.0 - 2015
Kirk 4.0 - 2017 to 2021
Kirk 5.0 - 2024?

Wouldnt that be Kirk 5.0?

Kirk 1.0.- 2002 to 2004
Kirk 2.0.- 2008 to 2010
Kirk 3.0 - 2015
Kirk 4.0 - 2017 to 2021
Kirk 5.0 - 2024?
Was there really any defining change between 2004 and 2008, other than ‘08 being a strong squad with carryover for a few years after a couple poor years? I was too young to really remember Kirk’s early years.

And they did all that with a banged up offensive line and almost no threat of a viable passing game.

Iowa's offense has a chance to be more than ok if the QB play is just like Nate Stanley good. Experienced line, deep and talented TE and RB rooms. Just need a QB.
Nate Stanley was very good, that's setting a high bar for the current QB room.

I am not bagging on Nate. He was a three year starter and was effective. Watching him and Lindy do sneaks was sometimes the best part of a Saturday for me. And, he was drafted and got a cup of coffee in the NFL. That said, he was a good QB, but by no means great.

I think we remember him more fondly than his play deserved given the unmitigated shit show that followed him.

But again, my point is that if we just get good QB play, not Tate/Banks/Stanzi/CJ play, just good, competent, effective Nate Stanley type play at QB, this team could make some noise.

Amen to that.

The one thing I will give to Nate is he was a winner.

And yet, we had a 69% winning % during his starting tenure, and we have been 69% since. The D and STs have been so good over the last few years, making a lot of lemonade.

In the just released week #1 depth chart, Kamari Moulton is listed as the started...............interesting

Latest posts