2 new starters at cornerback - whats the deal?

thetrza

per the twitters

This is not common for the Hawks, highly unusual. Is something happening that we don't know about?

per the twitters

This is not common for the Hawks, highly unusual. Is something happening that we don't know about?

Could be team discipline things, or maybe they are banged up. Ferentz has sat corners for violation of team rules before.

Late injury? Team rules violation? Passed on depth chart? Minnesota’s strength is the wr position. This is a battle to watch during the game. Hope it dont end up biting us in the ass!

Injuries...Hankins has a cast on his left hand. He was going through warmups, but TBD if he plays. OJ has not practiced all week

Okay, I checked acouple websites and recruting sites and came to the conclusion that one of these guys is the reincarnation of Adam Shada.

Moss was sketchy at times. They were clearly targeting him for abuse. Once he got settled in he made a few nice picks.

I don't know about everyone else, and I haven't watched the game again yet...but at first glance...the upside on Brents and Moss is huge. The thing that struck me watching it, is that no one was running away from them. They appeared to be in good position on most of the throws, they just were a little late making a play on the ball in the first half. The did the hard part...getting in position...but then it becomes who wants the ball more and who is will to battle to get the outcome they want.

In the second half, making a play on the ball was obviously much better. Moss's first pick and on Brent's pick...both were in great position and both high pointed the ball. Both are athletic...and long. Honestly, I'm more concerned about their run support and being physical enough...they both have great speed...they didn't get beat badly by anyone yesterday.

Minnesota's receivers are pretty legit...especially Johnson...big athletic receivers. I think it's going to be hard to keep these two off the field and I think Ojemudia is going to have a hard time getting his position back.

I don't know about everyone else, and I haven't watched the game again yet...but at first glance...the upside on Brents and Moss is huge. The thing that struck me watching it, is that no one was running away from them. They appeared to be in good position on most of the throws, they just were a little late making a play on the ball in the first half. The did the hard part...getting in position...but then it becomes who wants the ball more and who is will to battle to get the outcome they want.

In the second half, making a play on the ball was obviously much better. Moss's first pick and on Brent's pick...both were in great position and both high pointed the ball. Both are athletic...and long. Honestly, I'm more concerned about their run support and being physical enough...they both have great speed...they didn't get beat badly by anyone yesterday.

Minnesota's receivers are pretty legit...especially Johnson...big athletic receivers. I think it's going to be hard to keep these two off the field and I think Ojemudia is going to have a hard time getting his position back.
Agree.

I was pleasantly surprised. More so with Moss, as I already had high expectations for Brents. I basically told my wife the same thing. When Minnesota was targeting Moss, I pointed out that he does a great job of being in position. He just needs to become comfortable turning and locating the ball.

One thing that is a little concerning, though, is what in the world has happened to Josh Turner and Creamer? Turner, in particular, had outstanding tape coming in and looked like a great signing, and, the coaches were talking up Creamer last season and in the Spring. I mean, I love the fact that we have a couple of up and coming freshmen, but, it's also disconcerting when two guys with good potential all of a sudden fall off the face of the earth. At the end of the day, though, we have to put faith in Phil. He's proven over and over that he knows what he's doing with DBs.

Brents is going to be the next great Iowa corner.

Moss was serviceable but hopefully won’t be getting too many starts. Got picked on pretty bad.

I do wonder what happened to Turner or DJ Johnson.

I've only seen the first half so far, but Moss has been serviceable. They definitely went after him, throwing several deep balls his way, but he was also the beneficiary of a very underthrown fade in the end zone that he was able to pick off. On those deep balls, as others have mentioned, he seemed to be in pretty good position. He could be slightly better to be in phase with the WR and maybe trust his technique a little more, but I don't remember seeing him getting badly beaten.

Brents is going to be the next great Iowa corner.

Moss was serviceable but hopefully won’t be getting too many starts. Got picked on pretty bad.

I do wonder what happened to Turner or DJ Johnson.
Do7ZW2rX4AAuqxw.jpg

Latest posts