#2 Iowa - Penn State Game Thread

Hawkeyes win. Would have been awesome if Hannah had gotten the record.
Looking at the stats this morning and I see that she went 13 for 21 on free throws. She left some points at the charity stripe. It’s funny that she can now boast to Caitlin that she’s scored more points in a single college game than Caitlin has.

She tired and the shots and FT's were coming up short at the end or she would have had the record. Understandable as they rode her all night and was running the floor as well as banging down low. Epic game and she more than left it all on the court as the saying goes. :)

Last edited:
Hannah showed what she can be. And we really need that. Not a fan of the officiating nor of PSU pushing us around and being allowed to get away with it. That forearm push underneath was way beyond the pale.

Looking at the stats this morning and I see that she went 13 for 21 on free throws. She left some points at the charity stripe. It’s funny that she can now boast to Caitlin that she’s scored more points in a single college game than Caitlin has.
She could have earned the record at the stripe and did not do it. Hopefully she works on those FT's.

Don't know that one team was favored by the officiating or not, but in general, it was a below average effort by the officials. The disparity in fouls called was due largely by the plethora of fouls on PS at the end. I do know that the linebacker masquerading as a basketball player had multiple fouls ignored or overlooked. It is good that Hannah and Kate stepped up given a substandard game from Caitlin....yeah, she got 27 and 15, but you could see in her expressions she wasnt happy with her game.........guess she is human after all...........

Understandably so. She also had a career high 12 turnovers.
NOT dissing her! Hannah doesn't come close to her career high without the incredible passes from #22.
Martin was huge.
Does anyone know--was Molly Davis ill or nursing an injury. She only played 4 minutes and didn't take a shot. She is #2 in the B1G in assist to turnover ratio, so the Hawks need her for the conference title run!

Allow me, if you will, to down my hat of Reynolds Wrap.

An unnamed Iowa women's basketball coach: "Let's see how this game goes. It might make sense, Caitlin, to dial it back a touch. Let's not score 35 points and then put the pressure on to break this record thing AT Nebraska (as delicious as that would be, cause...Nebraska). Let's go out and get ~25 points. That should make it easy and breasy to break this thing at Carver just one game later. It could be the loudest Carver's ever been if we do that. Just sit there and feed Hannah. Hannah's ready. She can smash against Penn State. Further, you'll get a dozen or more assists and add some cushion for the lead in the assists category."

DvdVzi8.jpg

Allow me, if you will, to down my hat of Reynolds Wrap.

An unnamed Iowa women's basketball coach: "Let's see how this game goes. It might make sense, Caitlin, to dial it back a touch. Let's not score 35 points and then put the pressure on to break this record thing AT Nebraska (as delicious as that would be, cause...Nebraska). Let's go out and get ~25 points. That should make it easy and breasy to break this thing at Carver just one game later. It could be the loudest Carver's ever been if we do that. Just sit there and feed Hannah. Hannah's ready. She can smash against Penn State. Further, you'll get a dozen or more assists and add some cushion for the lead in the assists category."
I think they had a game plan knowing PSU couldn't defend the post. This is why Caitlyn had so many TOs in the first half, she was passing from too far away and forcing it. Once she settled down and found better passing angles, the Carver game scoring record fell. It was intentional but not for the reason you think.

I think they had a game plan knowing PSU couldn't defend the post. This is why Caitlyn had so many TOs in the first half, she was passing from too far away and forcing it. Once she settled down and found better passing angles, the Carver game scoring record fell. It was intentional but not for the reason you think.

Well...yah of course.
I did say I was wearing tinfoil.