2 Hawks in 1st round--McShay mock

99topdawg

Scherff has been anywhere between 5-12 on most mock drafts, but I've been watching for Carl Davis, especially since his recent workouts.

Scherff--#9 to the NY Giants
Analysis: I think this pick would depend upon whether the Giants retain Jason Pierre-Paul in free agency. If they don't, then pass-rusher becomes a top need and a guy like Florida DE Dante Fowler Jr. might be under consideration. But if JPP stays, I think the smart play here is to continue to solidify the offensive line. Left tackle Will Beatty played better in OC Ben McAdoo's system and 2014 second-rounder Weston Richburg should take over for JD Walton at center, leaving Scherff to start at either guard spot or possibly beat out Justin Pugh for the right tackle job. He is perfectly wired to be a New York Giants offensive lineman. He's durable, tough, strong and nasty. The Giants also have needs at linebacker, safety and possibly D-tackle if Mike Patterson leaves in free agency.Video highlights
video.png

Carl Davis--#32 to the Patriots
Analysis: Davis' motor ran hot and cold during his Iowa career, but at 6-4, 318 pounds he has a quick get-off, violent hands and the ability to quickly redirect once he has penetrated the backfield. He was a standout at the Senior Bowl in January, proving to be one of the toughest players for offensive linemen to block one-on-one. Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong could also make sense here, as would Georgia RB Todd Gurley if he's still on the board.

Schemes that are easy to gameplan, and not adapting to the skills we have. Square peg into round hole

Was listening to the UNI sports talk radio show with their play-by-play guy a couple of days ago. He was talking with the new UNI OC who said that they will be running an Auburn/Oregon/Okie St. offense with no huddle, up tempo, etc. He went on to say that, with the rule changing to what they are (and he didn't say what rule changes) there is no reason to run a traditional offense in this day and age.

Kiper's mock, that came out this morning, has Scherff going to the Giants as well and now has Davis going 27th to the Cowboys.

Too many early start times. Those just aren't winnable.

I agree with you. If fans aren't given enough time to tailgate and get liquored up the team isn't going to perform well. Unfortunately it appeared the coaches were the ones that that got liquored up before games.

Was listening to the UNI sports talk radio show with their play-by-play guy a couple of days ago. He was talking with the new UNI OC who said that they will be running an Auburn/Oregon/Okie St. offense with no huddle, up tempo, etc. He went on to say that, with the rule changing to what they are (and he didn't say what rule changes) there is no reason to run a traditional offense in this day and age.

KF is offended by that kind of talk. That's like swearing in church.

Latest posts