2 Deeps?

longtimer

Beyer is listed as co second team with Cook? Schott and Britt at guard I know they both played but interesting. Kelly Martin listed 3rd even though Goodsen appeared to be the 3rd back? Not real important just a bit of a surprise
Is Banwart still hurt? Back by Iowa state hopefully

Beyer is listed as co second team with Cook? Schott and Britt at guard I know they both played but interesting. Kelly Martin listed 3rd even though Goodsen appeared to be the 3rd back? Not real important just a bit of a surprise
Is Banwart still hurt? Back by Iowa state hopefully
Both Schott and Britt looked really good out there. LaPaul and Ince as well.

Linderbaum will man the C spot as long as he's a hawk. Obviously a special talent there, and a brilliant move by Kirk to bring him over from DT.

Banwart will be in the mix when he gets back, but he's got stiff competition.

Both Schott and Britt looked really good out there. LaPaul and Ince as well.

Linderbaum will man the C spot as long as he's a hawk. Obviously a special talent there, and a brilliant move by Kirk to bring him over from DT.

Banwart will be in the mix when he gets back, but he's got stiff competition.
Kallenberger looked solid also. Looks like we have some nice depth on the OL.

Wirfs was an absolute grave digger out there at LT on the two TD runs. They looked like the same play or very close to it, with Ross as lead blocker. Wirfs was an absolute earth mover with the blocks he made.

Linderbaum is special. I mean, Wirfs is #1 on the OL, but to me, Linderbaum already is #2. I think he is better than Jackson. It is only 1 game, sure, but I went back and watched the game to just watch the OL, and his ability to pull along the line, to get downfield, and to take out multiple defenders is best on the team. You can tell he is super smart and very very unselfish. Seriously, if you haven't done it, go back and watch the game and just watch him. Like Ferentz said last year, he wished he had 10 Tyler Linderbaums and I can see why.

Surprises to me are that Goodson didn’t make his way onto the depth chart.

Brents and Barnwart must have more serious injuries than we thought.

I’m staying pretty cautious with the offensive line, especially with these injuries. Looked good in game one but who knows how good the competition was.

I thought Ferentz was going to do that Bill Belichick thing where he lists 20 guys as "probable" and every starter has an either/or next to his name and another guys name in the same slot.

I think KF just reinforced how much the depth chart after the starter matters...it's a toss up. Goodson got 9 carries and IKM got none. If you ask me...Goodson is going to see more time than IKM. It's not a situation where IKM isn't a good back...he just got beat out by Sargent for that style of runner...shifty, good in small windows, with some power. Goodson brings a style that the other three don't have...speed and burst, with good vision. Goodson can put pressure on a defense like the other three can't. If he got a few of the carries where Sargent was past the second level or Toren Young's cut back in space, where he didn't get much...Goodson has a chance to house a few of those is my guess.

I think you have to get Goodson carries to see what you have...he passed the first test...he held onto the ball, caught the ball, and finished every one of his runs going forward. Time to give him more carries.

I think KF just reinforced how much the depth chart after the starter matters...it's a toss up. Goodson got 9 carries and IKM got none. If you ask me...Goodson is going to see more time than IKM. It's not a situation where IKM isn't a good back...he just got beat out by Sargent for that style of runner...shifty, good in small windows, with some power. Goodson brings a style that the other three don't have...speed and burst, with good vision. Goodson can put pressure on a defense like the other three can't. If he got a few of the carries where Sargent was past the second level or Toren Young's cut back in space, where he didn't get much...Goodson has a chance to house a few of those is my guess.

I think you have to get Goodson carries to see what you have...he passed the first test...he held onto the ball, caught the ball, and finished every one of his runs going forward. Time to give him more carries.
Agreed. Toren Young had a couple plays where he tried to play outside of himself. As the season goes on I could see Sargent and Goodson getting the majority of the carries. I’d still like Young down near the goal line though and short yardage situations.

I guess Ross isn’t kicked off the team or in the doghouse. ??

Agreed. Toren Young had a couple plays where he tried to play outside of himself. As the season goes on I could see Sargent and Goodson getting the majority of the carries. I’d still like Young down near the goal line though and short yardage situations.
Agree also. Goodson has the ability to break some long runs with that speed. I see now why he was Georgia POY last year. If he can catch the ball he could also be used as a nice 3rd down weapon. Both Sargent and Young are tough to bring down with their power and I still hope IKM gets a chance to show his stuff.

FWIW, just heard on a podcast, guy talked to Goodson's dad who was at the game. The staff told him he will not be redshirting and will play as long as he does well. Also, he was told last week he was playing in the Miami game.

FWIW, just heard on a podcast, guy talked to Goodson's dad who was at the game. The staff told him he will not be redshirting and will play as long as he does well. Also, he was told last week he was playing in the Miami game.
That would not surprise me ... barring a major case of "fumblitis" which can land a RB in the Kirk dog house pretty quickly.

This is why I like BF...he's going to play the guys that can make big plays. He knows Sargent and Young are really good backs...but he needs a difference maker at RB...someone who can house a play that is blocked really well. AW did that. He needs a guy that can rip off a 40 yard run. We have had very few of those last year...maybe none.