1st possession of NW game...shot clock runs out..wow...

how PATHETIC was that? cully and gatens look at each other with a stunned look on their faces...at that point I knew the outcome of the game and immediately turned it to women's hockey...:eek:

I believe Illinois did the same thing in their game against Michigan Tuesday...

Except they got over it in about 10 seconds...

how PATHETIC was that? cully and gatens look at each other with a stunned look on their faces...at that point I knew the outcome of the game and immediately turned it to women's hockey...:eek:

mee too. survivor and women's hockey made iowa bb a long-distant bronze medal winner in my household...

It's pretty bad when you're yelling "What are you doing?!" at the t.v. only a minute into the game.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me is that it seems like Cully takes nearly the whole 10 second count to walk the ball up the floor just about every possession. One of these days, I swear we are going to get called for a 10-second violation when we aren't even being pressed...

We were already down to 25-26 on the shot clock before we got the ball on our half of the court on that possession. When the shot clock ran out, nobody was even looking to the basket, looking for a way to make something happen. The shot clock ran out, and everybody was just kind of like "Huh?"

News flash: They added the shot clock to the game a few decades ago!

News flash: They added the shot clock to the game a few decades ago!

Could someone please inform the Butler Miracle? I know some parts of Indiana never change to Daylight Savings Time; perhaps the news never made it to Sunset Avenue in Indianapolis.

Actually Cully scored the first play of the game IIRC, the SCV came on the 2nd trip down. But your point remains.

The possession where the clock ran out was one of our best possessions in the 1st half. We didnt score but we used 35 seconds. Comparing it to the rest of our possessions in the 1st half it ranks in the top 10 considering we only had 7 buckets.

Maybe it was a planned play call - sure looked like it

Latest posts