1982 Rose Bowl

NCHawker

Not much to cheer about but havn't seen it since then

[video=youtube;uuCVZ_vQrEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCVZ_vQrEc[/video]

Last edited:
Not much to cheer about but havn't seen it since then

[video=youtube;uuCVZ_vQrEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCVZ_vQrEc[/video]

Actually...just being there was plenty to cheer about. FYI, Hawkdrummer makes a cameo late in the 2nd quarter. :D

as a cyclone fan this is going to sound bad... but i miss the old-school hawkeye games. grew up in a hawkeye family and i remember watching chuck long, ronnie harmon, nick bell etc.

Bill snyder's offense. Note the variation.

yeah...he added some risk and scored touchdowns. Then when he had a team on the ropes, he buried them by turning up the heat and getting more aggressive...watch K-State now...they never let of the accelerator. We go hand the ball off, punt, and play defense to protect a lead now. I'm hoping that that the addition of the new coaches on offense can change the mentality that this strategy is how you win football games. It's certainly understandable when you have a great defense like 2009...but anything less and you run the risk of, well, late game meltdowns. Somehow Iowa sports has perfected the late game meltdown recently.

Oh...i have a new thread for the Ferentz haters..."Has Kirk Ferentz lack of late game success carried over to the basketball program"...I'm sure somehow his salary is to blame for that also.

The event that changed my life. I was there, fans were too... team not so much. But....it was the stepping stone for Iowa to go to that next level.

The event that changed my life. I was there, fans were too... team not so much. But....it was the stepping stone for Iowa to go to that next level.

"If your life was changed by an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger, you might be a redneck"--Jeff Foxworthy

It was great, but life-changing? By the end of the first half, I think it was "back to reality"!

Now, The Dogs going on the prowl after the games in 1983 was LIFE-CHANGING!

I was 2. But I do know a freshamn running back tore Iowa up in this game. Happened again in '86. Harmon fumbled his check on the way to the bank.

ah, the good ol days of big shoulder pads, thigh pads that stuck out 6 inches out of the pants, neck rolls, standup tight ends, and a 300 lb lineman was considered huge

Here's one for you. 25 years between Iowa's 1957 Rose Bowl appearance and 1982 appearance. 33 years between Iowa's last appearance in the Rose Bowl and today.

And walker Texas ranger episodes ARE life changing. Have you not seen the show? Masterpiece each and every one.

I was thinking about all those seniors on that team. Those would be Bob Cummings recruits. He did not do such a bad job recruiting and starting to build a program. They did show a good deal of improvement in his years verses the Frank Lauterbur years. They scored big wins over UCLA, Penn State, Iowa State, and left a lot of good players.

"If your life was changed by an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger, you might be a redneck"--Jeff Foxworthy

It was great, but life-changing? By the end of the first half, I think it was "back to reality"!

Now, The Dogs going on the prowl after the games in 1983 was LIFE-CHANGING!

I'm guessing by "life-changing" you mean improving social skills and maybe how to learn to blow 0's at the poky to bail out roommates et al, or how to locate parties in the dead of winter. ;)