#17 Iowa vs #14 Rutgers at 7:00 on Wednesday

ClintonIAfan

This is a big one, a lot is at stake for the Big 10 championship race. Let's get a big crowd into CHA arena tomorrow. The prices for these games are an amazing bargain.

I may be a little busy with some friends watching this game to post much tomorrow, so I want to get things going early on this thread.

Hope the weather holds! The best game of the season and I don't want to miss it!!!!! Rutgers has a defense that's called the 55 and it's an in your face smothering defense. Hawks better be ready and burn them on it! This Rutgers team is a handful. I believe they are going to honor C. Viv before the game for her 1000th. win. Honor C. Viv then CRUSH them! Go Hawks!

Again the B1G has screwed up again. Leave it to them to not air one of the biggest games of the year in the B1G! ESECPN wouldn't do that to the sec! Oh yes Purdue and Ohio ST. and Wisconsin vs. Illinois. Now there's a winner! Wisconsin vs. Illinois! Yes let's show that piece of crap game instead. Once again you suck BTN! Before all the die hard fans of men's basketball that despise the women's game don't forget you are the ones wanting to down size Carver. Now let that sink in...……. Not selling out Carver so let's down size it! Aaaahhhhh the students aren't showing up. Kick those blue hairs to the curb because they at least go to the games instead of all the ones sitting at home bitching because Carver isn't filled to capacity and the students are sitting at a bar watching it on TV just like the ones bitching about Carver isn't full and looks terrible on TV. Support the Hawks by going to the games. If you don't go then you don't need to be bitching! Hawk fans! The only fans to win a bowl game and find 100 things to bitch about!

Again the B1G has screwed up again. Leave it to them to not air one of the biggest games of the year in the B1G! ESECPN wouldn't do that to the sec! Oh yes Purdue and Ohio ST. and Wisconsin vs. Illinois. Now there's a winner! Wisconsin vs. Illinois! Yes let's show that piece of crap game instead. Once again you suck BTN! Before all the die hard fans of men's basketball that despise the women's game don't forget you are the ones wanting to down size Carver. Now let that sink in...……. Not selling out Carver so let's down size it! Aaaahhhhh the students aren't showing up. Kick those blue hairs to the curb because they at least go to the games instead of all the ones sitting at home bitching because Carver isn't filled to capacity and the students are sitting at a bar watching it on TV just like the ones bitching about Carver isn't full and looks terrible on TV. Support the Hawks by going to the games. If you don't go then you don't need to be bitching! Hawk fans! The only fans to win a bowl game and find 100 things to bitch about!
WOW!!!!! Your grumpy today!!!!!:):D

Guess I am!
All is good! It's always refreshing to see someone who lets their feeling out for all to see. I would think there will be a good crowd at the game tonight weather permitting. I get a tear in the eye when I think coach Stringer was our coach. Go Hawks!

All is good! It's always refreshing to see someone who lets their feeling out for all to see. I would think there will be a good crowd at the game tonight weather permitting. I get a tear in the eye when I think coach Stringer was our coach. Go Hawks!
I agree about coach C. Viv. I'm sure the Hawk fans will give her a very nice ovation this evening. Hoping for a crowd. A rowdy crowd will be better. Can't wait to get the game! Go Hawks!

I'm guessing Iowa WBB doesn't get anywhere near the ratings of those bigger programs regardless of their rankings.

And if we're being honest, nobody wants to watch a D1 sport where a run of the mill boys HS team would go undefeated in a P6 conference.

It's great if you like it, but just some perspective that there isn't any real demand for it.

And you're right, a lot of people want a better, smaller basketball venue. What bad effect would that have on the WBB program? Less TV coverage?

Who cares...it's WBB for crying out loud. The fact that any team other than UConn or Notre Dame is even on TV is because it's a token gesture. ESPN would get way better ratings showing a snowmobile race from 2012 than they would by nationally televising Iowa vs. Buttgers WBB.

You can be mad if you want, but you can't deny that there's no significant demand for it outside of parents of current/former players (which I'm assuming all three of you guys are) or the elderly. Broadcast time goes where the money is.

Last edited:
The Iowa women have actually gotten ample airtime on both ESPN and BTN this month. They have a legit draw in Gustafson. It's just that tonight was a designated men's doubleheader. The reason some people are upset is because of the Stringer connection. Now she's a legendary coach, an even better person, and I saw it first hand in the eighties. But she left twenty four years ago. And she has been back four or five times since Rutgers joined the B1G, so the novelty of that angle has pretty much worn off as well. They are no longer a basketball power year in and out like they were 10-15 years ago.

Rutgers is 15-3 and 7-0 in conference play.
Rutgers between 1998 and 2009 advanced to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen or beyond eight times.

Since 2012, they have one NCAA appearance.

They do have a WNIT championship since then and do have a solid team this year, but it's been more famine than feast for Stringer since her aforementioned strong run of success.

Two things Iowa must avoid, giving up offensive rebounds and live ball turnovers that let Rutgers run. They've given up 1 turnover and 4 offensive rebounds. Rutgers 13-11 4:30 left in quarter 1.

Rutgers between 1998 and 2009 advanced to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen or beyond eight times.

Since 2012, they have one NCAA appearance.

They do have a WNIT championship since then and do have a solid team this year, but it's been more famine than feast for Stringer since her aforementioned strong run of success.
You do realize Vivian missed time during some of those years, right?