16 Team Big Ten Superconference

I started off liking the idea of a 16 team conference until the realization of the fact that we would only playing OSU, Michigan, PSU (if in opposite divisions which would be likely) once every 8 years during the regular season.

I started off liking the idea of a 16 team conference until the realization of the fact that we would only playing OSU, Michigan, PSU (if in opposite divisions which would be likely) once every 8 years during the regular season.

Not necessarily, the two divisions could be divided along lines of seniority: The Old-Timers Division and The Newcomers Division.

The Newcomers Division would consist of the most recent universities to join the conference: the 5 new schools, Penn State, MSU, and OSU.

The Old-Timers Division would consist of everybody else.

OSU, as the Johnny-come-lately of the old order would have the only legitimate complaint with this setup which makes it even more attractive.

This division would help to keep the old rivalries going while allowing the conference to add power, strength, revenue, and clout through expansion.

We would play them twice in 4 years if the Big 10 is smart and does pods. To me that is the best situation - go to 16 with pods. I agree that 16 without pods would be horrible due to not playing people but even in a 12 team conference you would only play them 2 out of every 4 years so the difference between 12, 14 and 16 is inconsequential other than the number of teams you have every year vs. 2/4 years.

We would play them twice in 4 years if the Big 10 is smart and does pods. To me that is the best situation - go to 16 with pods. I agree that 16 without pods would be horrible due to not playing people but even in a 12 team conference you would only play them 2 out of every 4 years so the difference between 12, 14 and 16 is inconsequential other than the number of teams you have every year vs. 2/4 years.

This is a better idea than mine.

Like i said in the other 16 super conference thread we dont need the NCAA with teams like Nebby, OSU, Mich, Iowa, ND, and maybe even a slight shot at Texas. The big ten could create its own damn league with the 16-20 teams and say Screw the NCAA we will have our own national title game. We dont need ESPN, because we already have our own network, so lets just do it. You can even have an eight team playoff.

Like i said in the other 16 super conference thread we dont need the NCAA with teams like Nebby, OSU, Mich, Iowa, ND, and maybe even a slight shot at Texas. The big ten could create its own damn league with the 16-20 teams and say Screw the NCAA we will have our own national title game. We dont need ESPN, because we already have our own network, so lets just do it. You can even have an eight team playoff.

This is a joke, right? Just want to make sure I am reading your sarcasm.

Latest posts