'15 Big Man Visits Iowa City

I am 5 foot 11 and weigh 190 pounds and have a very fit, normal build. This guy is a foot taller than me and weighs the same?

I am 5 foot 11 and weigh 190 pounds and have a very fit, normal build. This guy is a foot taller than me and weighs the same?

Not like I could have a booth at the state fair and guess people's weight, but I'd say he looks more like 210 to me. Kid can shoot it some though it doesn't show much of him down by the hoop.

Not like I could have a booth at the state fair and guess people's weight, but I'd say he looks more like 210 to me. Kid can shoot it some though it doesn't show much of him down by the hoop.

Kid shoots from bellybutton--might as well be 6' cause he won't get that shot off in college--look at how Utoff gets the ball up to his forehead immediately that is the kind of stroke we are looking for. Kid can shoot, but so can my 9 year old and there strokes are verry similar difference is my 4'5' 9 year old has to do that in order to get it to the hoop from 3 this kid is 6'8" --in short not a good fit based on his style of play and attributes--shooters have to shoot over people, as bad as JO has been how often do you see him get blocked--not often because he learned at an early age to get the ball up on his set-up and release. By this point in "Biggies" career he hasn't and there is probably no changing it. However, John Shurna probably had the ugliest form I have ever seen in a D1 player and somehow it went in--just the ugliest thing ever.

Kid shoots from bellybutton--might as well be 6' cause he won't get that shot off in college--look at how Utoff gets the ball up to his forehead immediately that is the kind of stroke we are looking for. Kid can shoot, but so can my 9 year old and there strokes are verry similar difference is my 4'5' 9 year old has to do that in order to get it to the hoop from 3 this kid is 6'8" --in short not a good fit based on his style of play and attributes--shooters have to shoot over people, as bad as JO has been how often do you see him get blocked--not often because he learned at an early age to get the ball up on his set-up and release. By this point in "Biggies" career he hasn't and there is probably no changing it. However, John Shurna probably had the ugliest form I have ever seen in a D1 player and somehow it went in--just the ugliest thing ever.

Agree. The way he dips that ball down before he starts his shooting motion will not work at the D1 level.

Do not want.

Back in my playing days, I was listed at 6'8" and 195 lbs. That was during my junior and senior years in college. My senior year in high school I was the same height but only weighed 165 lbs. (Of course, now I'm fat and old and 245 lbs.)

Latest posts