#13 Iowa vs Oral Roberts Game Thread

Lots to like, but a lot to work on. I managed to watch most of the game on BTN+. The Iowa focus disappeared at halftime and they looked sloppy. The young players especially Cook and Czinano need to be in their defensive stances throughout the possession. Iowa got beat a lot because their defense off the ball was watching and not ready when ORU passed or drove and passed. Tania isn't ready as a defensive player yet. She needs more recovery time, but I guess they want her on the floor for the offensive flow. Zion played some nice D, however she was way to careless with her passing. Hannah and Megan both missed shots they'll need to make in conference play. Oral Roberts played good defense and shot the 3 very well. This was a good game for the Hawks, not as much of a cupcake as many were expecting.

Lots to like, but a lot to work on. I managed to watch most of the game on BTN+. The Iowa focus disappeared at halftime and they looked sloppy. The young players especially Cook and Czinano need to be in their defensive stances throughout the possession. Iowa got beat a lot because their defense off the ball was watching and not ready when ORU passed or drove and passed. Tania isn't ready as a defensive player yet. She needs more recovery time, but I guess they want her on the floor for the offensive flow. Zion played some nice D, however she was way to careless with her passing. Hannah and Megan both missed shots they'll need to make in conference play. Oral Roberts played good defense and shot the 3 very well. This was a good game for the Hawks, not as much of a cupcake as many were expecting.
I'll bet they ended up not covering.

No Beer must not have had action on this game, as he hasn't tore up this thread, or two others, as of now.

The name of the former Dodger and Indian pitcher referred to earlier in this thread was Orel Hershiser.

Megan Gustafson had 23 points, 17 rebounds and 6 assists. The 6 assists waa a team high. That’s the way to beat all the double teams.

Iowa was also very efficient from the arch hitting 7 of 13 3s.

ORU made 14 three pointers in the second half. That's what happens when you don't play defense. Sound familiar? Number 22 for ORU was a dirty player and I mean dirty. This game should of never been this close in the end and I hope Lisa lights a fire under their butts or Western Kentucky will get the win on Tuesday. Just to many rotations. Need to stagger them better. After saying that it's a good time to find out some things so you know where your at with some players. I cringe when I see a whole line change. I saw it way to much last year. No killer instinct in Lisa before the wholesale substitutions. Great first half. Horrible second half. Megan took her normal abuse and I felt sorry for her. Don't know how she keeps her composure.

Hawkeyes win 90-77

Megan and Hannah combine for 42 points
Still won’t give predictions on the men’ and women’s season records, eh? Since you always predict them to win every game, I assume you think they will both be going undefeated and win national championships?