#13 Iowa vs Oral Roberts Game Thread

The Hawks shouldn't have any trouble with Oral Roberts. Lakota Beatty, Katie Kirkhart are both guards and they each scored about 11 or 12 points in their last game. Keni Jo Lippe is also a guard that will come off the bench and she also scored around 11 points her last game. They don't seem to have any inside game at all. Looks like the Hawks might ring up another 100 points tonight. Hope they do just for status. Need to make a statement when you can. Got to pick up my Bluder's Bunch T-shirts tonight. Go Hawks!

I noticed that the line is long for shirts on the first game, but a few games in there was no wait. I will wait until next week to pick up my shirt.

Oral Roberts plays in the Summit League (best teams South Dakota and South Dakota State) and are picked to finish 4th. They have two players from Spain, one is a 6'4" Center (Brotons). Their other starters are 5'11" and smaller. They have two other players over 6' ft. They had 11 players score last game and had 8 grab at least 4 rebounds. They shot nearly 40% from 3, but less from 2 point range. They seem to be a defensive oriented team that likes to shoot from deep. Judzee is right Hawks could make a run at 100 if they push the pace and get a chance to develop their bench some.

7:00 tonight

Youth tickets are free

TV coverage will be on btn plus.

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2018/11/8/womens-basketball-wbb-opens-2018-19-season-friday.aspx

It’s sure great to start this season, and to prepare for a big 10 championship run. It looks like Oral Roberts’ best players are in the backcourt. Iowa will have a big advantage inside.
So...what is your prediction for the men's and women's season records? Undefeated for both I presume? National championships?

I noticed that the line is long for shirts on the first game, but a few games in there was no wait. I will wait until next week to pick up my shirt.
I think this time they are going to have 3 different places to pick them up so the wait ( I hope ) isn't like in years past.

Oral Roberts plays in the Summit League (best teams South Dakota and South Dakota State) and are picked to finish 4th. They have two players from Spain, one is a 6'4" Center (Brotons). Their other starters are 5'11" and smaller. They have two other players over 6' ft. They had 11 players score last game and had 8 grab at least 4 rebounds. They shot nearly 40% from 3, but less from 2 point range. They seem to be a defensive oriented team that likes to shoot from deep. Judzee is right Hawks could make a run at 100 if they push the pace and get a chance to develop their bench some.
Hopefully the bench will get more quality minutes this game because we'll need them down the road.

The reports are that the roads to the Iowa City are in good condition this should be a good night for Hawkeye basketball!