12th Man vs. MSU???

I noticed it and Podalak mentioned it on Soundoff too. The crowd was eerily silent right out of the gate after halftime. Iowa had two good scoring drives and forced a punt from MSU at the end of the half. The momentum meter was full on in Iowa's favor. But I was shocked that after the kickoff to start the second half the crowd was totally silent. I figured the crowd noise would pick up immediately where it left off but it never did.

I think we're seeing the effect of an entire cohort of college students that haven't seen a good Iowa team. Every single student in the stadium today, unless they were a 5+ year senior, has only seen an Iowa team that topped out at just 8 wins and has gotten worse every year. These people don't know what it's like to root for a winner.

Kinnick turned into a funeral yesterday in the second half because that's what this program has become. Why as a season ticket holder or student get worked up when deep down you know Kfed will lead the team into the ground in some pathetic manner. My entire section went dead in the 2nd half because we have all witnessed this dog and pony show before. The crowd knows the ending to the story and that's why a large portion of the fanbase was heading for the stands with 7 minutes remaining in the 4th.

The crowd isn't there to watch a football game or cheer on a team,

Half the crowd is there because they want to see who can get the highest BAC before the game.

The other half is Ditsy McGee's up from WestCliverUrbkee only there to show off their new jewel encrusted bedazzled jeans and Ugg boots (YA 2008!) that would only know a football if it broke he surgically altered nose.

Probably a full .5% actually went to the University.

It's gotten pretty stale in the past few years. That's why I stopped going.

Last edited:
I think we're seeing the effect of an entire cohort of college students that haven't seen a good Iowa team. Every single student in the stadium today, unless they were a 5+ year senior, has only seen an Iowa team that topped out at just 8 wins and has gotten worse every year. These people don't know what it's like to root for a winner.

Their parents filled the student section when it was in the north end of the PressBox side of the stadium. It was crazy, they rooted like hell win or lose.

Latest posts