12th Big Ten team: Who would you like it to be?

Who do you want to be the Big 11's 12th team -- if it happens?

• Cincinnati

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iowa State

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Missouri

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Rutgers

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Syracuse

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • West Virginia

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

EastLosRandy

With the chances of the conference adding a 12th team seemingly on the rise, let's talk about who that team should be -- and why. I'll reply with my own thoughts on the discussion thread later on. Teams are listed in alphabetical order. I've listed all the nearby teams that have been at least part of the discussion.

Last edited:
Why even have Notre Dame on the list. Not a valid option.

That's a good point. But we can see how many people still want ND in the big ten, while also looking at the question of who should it be assuming ND is off the table, which does seem to me to be true for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't pick Notre Dame even if I did think they were a likely prospect.

I was going to vote for the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles but they weren't on the list. They would make the most sense since they are a mid-west team and had a television contract for nine years.

I'd like to see Pitt....the fans aren't above themselves...it would make for great competition....heck they beat us last year...they have a good tradition with powerful alumni......
Marino Fralic Dorsett Fitzgerald Ditka.....I think the other sports would add to things also...after traveling for years, there is something about the people of western Pa....I think that they'd go best with the big ten feel and gritt...and they are the 20th winniest program in the NCAA...

misery wants to be in the big 10 and it would be adding another state with 2 large cities

sounds like a win win

At this point Mizzou tops my list. Sets up a good east/west division breakdown. I like Pitt's program, too, though we might have to get creative with the divisions. Nebraska would be great, but they've got a lot less reason to leave the Big XII than Mizzou does. I'm over the whole Notre Dame thing.

I voted for ND because you would never see them in a BCS game again, EVER! They would become more irrelevant than they already are and that is why it will never happen, unfortunately.