12/17/2018 - Hawks Bumped to #23 in AP Poll

JUST WAIT TILL THE COMMITTEE SEES WHAT WE DO AGAINST WESTERN CAROLINA AND SAVANNAH STATE. THEYLL HAVE TO RESPECT US THEN

I worry about the Western Carolina game being a trap game with Savannah state on the horizon.Definitely don't want to look past them. And Bryant lurking around the corner...How we finish the year should tell us a lot about this team.

All jokes aside, I really wish we'd beef our schedule up. I know its just non-conference, but cupcakes are still cupcakes.

I worry about the Western Carolina game being a trap game with Savannah state on the horizon.Definitely don't want to look past them. And Bryant lurking around the corner...How we finish the year should tell us a lot about this team.

All jokes aside, I really wish we'd beef our schedule up. I know its just non-conference, but cupcakes are still cupcakes.

I kind of understand it....to an extent. Although Iowa hasn't played in the Gavitt games (Big Ten vs Big East) the past 2 years...if you add that game, plus the ACC/B1G challenge game, plus Iowa State, plus the exempt tournament's 2-4 quality opponents...that's quite a bit of bite to a non conference schedule. You're talking 5-7 out of 11 non conference games being against quality opponents. It makes sense that Fran would want some cupcakes mixed in to work on things and build confidence before the B1G schedule.

However, before the B1G went to 20 games, there was zero excuse for Iowa's soft and terrible nonconference schedule.

I kind of understand it....to an extent. Although Iowa hasn't played in the Gavitt games (Big Ten vs Big East) the past 2 years...if you add that game, plus the ACC/B1G challenge game, plus Iowa State, plus the exempt tournament's 2-4 quality opponents...that's quite a bit of bite to a non conference schedule. You're talking 5-7 out of 11 non conference games being against quality opponents. It makes sense that Fran would want some cupcakes mixed in to work on things and build confidence before the B1G schedule.

However, before the B1G went to 20 games, there was zero excuse for Iowa's soft and terrible nonconference schedule.

Yeah it makes sense to a point, but I'd like to see at least reputable schools on the schedule as opposed to schools no ones heard of.

if anyone remembers the amana hawkeye classic, i'd really like to see that again, but with actual teams. bring in another P5 school and a couple of MAC teams. Schedule the P5 school friday night so you get the strength of schedule benefit if you win, then you can play a mac team on saturday for the title. but yeah, we need a tougher non con schedule, both hoops and football, typically.

I think all but 5 of our non conference games were pre determined. I'm not sure we necessarily needed all 5 of those teams to be terrible, but most schools have at least that many too probably.