11-30 Ear to the Ground Bowl Update

The money-grubing bowls see Division I college football fans as cash cows. They are right. Western Michigan losses $400,000 and Ohio State eats $1.2 million on tickets alone at the Texas and Fiesta Bowls in 2009? Is America in a recssion economy or not? Sounds like these bowl game capitalistas are following the lead set by major corportate banks with their bonuses to executives. The next thing you know they'll be asking the Obama administration for a "bailout".

There is the World Golf Hall of Fame close to Jacksonville, Awesome place and some great golf courses there. Weather could be dicey there but then again Miami sucked last year weatherwise.

Not really. It wasn't great, but considering the entire country was in a deep freeze, 45-50 degrees felt pretty good... it was even in the 70s for a few days.

Phoenix and Jacksonville both suck. However, Jon made it pretty clear that Zona is a desirable option for him with respect to the financial implications of his bowl charter business.

I am not making any predictions based on the benefit of a travel package. I am giving you my opinions based on the information I receive.

At the same time I was saying 90% to Fiesta last year so was Marc Morehouse of the Gazette, and people at the U were making logistical plans for that bowl. Just like in 2002, people in the official U of I travel party already had their hotel rooms assigned for Pasadena, before the Orange came in and surprised everyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts