11/30/18 - Iowa vs Wisconsin Kenpom/Sagarin Matchup

JG10Hawk

For those interested. Below are the updated Kenpom comparisons through yesterday's games.

upload_2018-11-30_9-3-26.png

Here's also how they stand nationally in the Kenpom/Sagarin composite. Note I added the NET(updated through Wednesday's games) ranking column but have not included it in my composite as it still looks super wonky for the population as a whole, even though it seems fair for these two teams.

upload_2018-11-30_9-5-53.png

Iowa has not played well this year at CHA. Maybe we should play our home games at MSG. Barta will pony up for the travel expenses.

Time to play some ball and put mic-gate behind us once and for all.

I like the way we played against Wisconsin last year, 85-67 win for the Hawks at Carver in their only meeting. Probably our best win of the year. Garza was huge with 17 points and 16 boards and did a nice job on Happ. Need to contain Happ again and Trice is pretty salty also, need to get a hand in his face around the arc. Trice has a great last name for a go who is shooting 3s at 60% this year.

Hopefully there's a good crowd turnout. One would hope Carver would be rocking a bit more than normal with this matchup and being ranked this early in the season.

We would have a lot better chance to win this game if Oregon didn't lose to Texas Southern.

How would that increase our chance at winning this game? It might increase our ranking above but I don't think it has any bearing on winning this game. Oregon is who Oregon is. We just didn't know who that was when we played them early in the season.

How would that increase our chance at winning this game? It might increase our ranking above but I don't think it has any bearing on winning this game. Oregon is who Oregon is. We just didn't know who that was when we played them early in the season.

I was guessing PC meant in relation to how computers predict projected outcomes which includes past performance of the team and how previously played teams have performed.

I believe he was using sarcasm.

Time to play some ball and put mic-gate behind us once and for all.

I like the way we played against Wisconsin last year, 85-67 win for the Hawks at Carver in their only meeting. Probably our best win of the year. Garza was huge with 17 points and 16 boards and did a nice job on Happ. Need to contain Happ again and Trice is pretty salty also, need to get a hand in his face around the arc. Trice has a great last name for a go who is shooting 3s at 60% this year.
We'll have the Happ Happ Happiest game since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny F*#*ing Kaye.

For those interested. Below are the updated Kenpom comparisons through yesterday's games.

View attachment 4609

Here's also how they stand nationally in the Kenpom/Sagarin composite. Note I added the NET(updated through Wednesday's games) ranking column but have not included it in my composite as it still looks super wonky for the population as a whole, even though it seems fair for these two teams.

View attachment 4610

Tho Wisky lost talent to graduation, I blv they are underrated. THIS A VERY GOOD TEAM! We better play well and keep the fans in the game. Wisc. is very capable of beating us! Need to protect home court advantage.

Tho Wisky lost talent to graduation, I blv they are underrated. THIS A VERY GOOD TEAM! We better play well and keep the fans in the game. Wisc. is very capable of beating us! Need to protect home court advantage.
They didn’t lose anyone from their team last year to graduation.

Come on man! :)