11/26/18 - Hawkeyes up to #14 in the AP Poll

The ranking is good exposure for the program, but other than that pretty meaningless. When Iowa does start losing a few games I’m sure everyone will call it a choke job or whatever.

Anyway to me the goal hasn’t changed. Make the dance and I’ll be happy. Miss the dance, not so much.

The ranking is good exposure for the program, but other than that pretty meaningless. When Iowa does start losing a few games I’m sure everyone will call it a choke job or whatever.

Anyway to me the goal hasn’t changed. Make the dance and I’ll be happy. Miss the dance, not so much.

This is where I'm at as well. It's a long season and Iowa will lose games it probably shouldn't and win games it probably shouldn't. Like you said, there will be some knee-jerk reactions during the losses.

I'll be surprised if they end the season in the top 15 and upset if they miss the dance. My guess is they will be somewhere in-between. Hopefully they can hang around the top 25 for the exposure.

I'm still sticking with my prediction of a 3rd to 6th place finish in the Big10. I think that the off season focus on defense will pay off. Also think Fran is a better coach than some here give him credit for.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while but a blind squirrel doesn't lead 4 different teams to the NCAA tournament

EEEASY there tiger...It's a LONG season and we haven't even started conference play yet.
No sense analyzing this team until they get tested after a few B10 road games.

So, Oregon lost to Texas Southern 84-89. I hope we're not getting excited about nothing. :(

20181127-000750.jpg

So, Oregon lost to Texas Southern 84-89. I hope we're not getting excited about nothing. :(

20181127-000750.jpg

Hopefully once Oregon gets their other star recruit healed up and on the court they will pick things up and this does turn out to be a quality win come tourney time. The next 4 games will show us a lot on what this team is made of.

20181127-000750.jpg
This doesn't surprise me at all. I saw a very undisciplined basketball team when we played them. Altman is way overrated. And I'm not saying that to diminish how well we played. Just sharing my opinion on what I saw. We played great.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I saw a very undisciplined basketball team when we played them. Altman is way overrated. And I'm not saying that to diminish how well we played. Just sharing my opinion on what I saw. We played great.
I’m not sure where you get this Altman is way overrated, go check out his coaching record, that dude wins wherever he goes.

About this years team yes they are not disciplined right now but that’s not suprising when first off Bol Bol who is extremely raw is their best player and two almost all their players outside of Pritchard are either freshman or in their first year in the program. By the end of the year they’ll likely be a strong team because Altman is a very good coach.

It's way early. I don't think they are the 14th best in the country but I am enjoying the ride as long as it lasts. Last year I said the over under on fire Fran threads was 6, and that was blown out of the water. I think this is a tournament team this year, but I put the number at 3.

I’m not sure where you get this Altman is way overrated, go check out his coaching record, that dude wins wherever he goes.

About this years team yes they are not disciplined right now but that’s not suprising when first off Bol Bol who is extremely raw is their best player and two almost all their players outside of Pritchard are either freshman or in their first year in the program. By the end of the year they’ll likely be a strong team because Altman is a very good coach.
I look at the talent he had on his roster last season and the talent he has on his roster this season. Then I look at his record. Then I look at the relatively weak PAC 12. He should have a much better record, IMO.

Those are weird scores. Beat Baylor and Oregon, play fairly close to ISU, and get stomped by 2 shitty teams.

I'm still hopeful we are really good, but more realistically we are sneak into the tourney good. Syracuse losing to both teams we beat is reassuring a bit. What are the odds that all 3 off those teams actually suck bad?

I look at the talent he had on his roster last season and the talent he has on his roster this season. Then I look at his record. Then I look at the relatively weak PAC 12. He should have a much better record, IMO.
They went to the final 4 in 2017 and lost their top 5 players. The only guy they returned last year was Pritchard. They had hardly any talent last year. Altman brought in a great class this year and by the end of the year they’ll likely be a tough team when Louis King returns.

Anyway Altman has been at Oregon since 2010, so any talent they have is because of him. He’s got a winning % over 70% and a final four and elite 8 appearance. He’s a damn good coach.

Those are weird scores. Beat Baylor and Oregon, play fairly close to ISU, and get stomped by 2 shitty teams.

I'm still hopeful we are really good, but more realistically we are sneak into the tourney good. Syracuse losing to both teams we beat is reassuring a bit. What are the odds that all 3 off those teams actually suck bad?
Look at the dates of the games. They played at Gonzaga on a Saturday, at Iowa State two days later on Monday then at San Diego State on a Wednesday. They likely flew from Iowa out to San Diego. 3 true road games in 5 days. It’s no surprise they got hammered that game really.

They went to the final 4 in 2017 and lost their top 5 players. The only guy they returned last year was Pritchard. They had hardly any talent last year. Altman brought in a great class this year and by the end of the year they’ll likely be a tough team when Louis King returns.

Anyway Altman has been at Oregon since 2010, so any talent they have is because of him. He’s got a winning % over 70% and a final four and elite 8 appearance. He’s a damn good coach.
Any talent they have is because of Phil Knight and Nike. Altman's 2016 class has 2 - 4* players, his 2017 class had a 5*, a 4* and 2 - 3* players. This year's class has 2-5* and 2-4* players. That's 3 - 5* players and 5 - 4* players on that roster. This isn't football. That kind of talent on a roster, shouldn't be as poorly coached/ prepared as they are. We can agree to disagree on his coaching but there is no denying the talent level he has on his roster. Period.

Texas Southern was a 24 point underdog. Bol Bol had 32 points and 11 boards, Oregon shot better than Texas Southern....and lost at home. Ouch. I saw one of Oregon's starters got hurt and only played 7 minutes but still...its texas southern.