11/26/18 - Hawkeyes up to #14 in the AP Poll

giphy.gif

Oh yeah. I remember that now, but must have wiped it from my memory bank.

I fear a similar crash coming up. Sorry ... while thoroughly enjoying the performance in NYC and what looks to be dramatic, top to bottom improvement in every aspect, it's hard for me to buy-in that they will sustain 49% shooting and not getting psycho with the strategy and rotations. Not to mention, there's such a big discrepency between the metrix rankings and the subjective votes.

Go 3-1 over the next 4 (Pitt, Wiscy, at MSU, ISU) and I'm firmly on the wagon that this team makes the NCAA. Unfortunately, they could also go 0-4 and their just another slightly improved team with a couple good W's that will be struggling to get on the bubble, in March.

Show Sagarin and KenPom that the eyeballs are correct over the stats!

I fear a similar crash coming up. Sorry ... while thoroughly enjoying the performance in NYC and what looks to be dramatic, top to bottom improvement in every aspect, it's hard for me to buy-in that they will sustain 49% shooting and not getting psycho with the strategy and rotations.

Go 3-1 over the next 4 (Pitt, Wiscy, at MSU, ISU) and I'm firmly on the wagon that this team makes the NCAA. Unfortunately, they could also go 0-4 and their just another slightly improved team with a couple good W's that will be struggling to get on the bubble, in March.

I agree that at this point there is no way to know if we are really that good, or just played good for a couple games.

I fear a similar crash coming up. Sorry ... while thoroughly enjoying the performance in NYC and what looks to be dramatic, top to bottom improvement in every aspect, it's hard for me to buy-in that they will sustain 49% shooting and not getting psycho with the strategy and rotations. Not to mention, there's such a big discrepency between the metrix rankings and the subjective votes.

Show Sagarin and KenPom that the eyeballs are correct over the stats!

I'm right there with ya, but if Iowa goes 3-1 over the next 4 - I am guessing they might be ranked #1 in the country... or close to it.

I really don't like the idea of being ranked and playing ISU. I'd much rather be the underdog with something to prove.

I agree that 3-1 over that stretch would be a top 10 ranking resume. Not sure if that's realistic though. JBo needs to find his shooting stroke quick.

I agree that at this point there is no way to know if we are really that good, or just played good for a couple games.

Exactly right. Did Iowa outperform? Did Oregon and Uconn just shoot poorly? How much was luck a factor? Its too small of a sample size.