11/1 Harris Poll

thejumper5

We move up to 7th. Still behind TCU, Cinci, Boise State, but we gain significant ground on all three and gain a little bit of ground on Texas and Alabama. Also, we got 2 #1 votes this week.

Last night ESPN projected Iowa to be 5th in today's BSC standings.

Based on the recently released polls I think Iowa remains at no. 4 in spite of some losses by teams Iowa had beaten.

Iowa's Harris points percentage is now .7751, up from .7384 from a gain of 203 points and one more first-place vote. The coaches' percentage is .7871, so we should get a BCS points gain when the computers come out later, but still be behind Florida, Texas and Alabama.

Last night ESPN projected Iowa to be 5th in today's BSC standings.

Based on the recently released polls I think Iowa remains at no. 4 in spite of some losses by teams Iowa had beaten.
I do believe ESPN is trying to beat down the Hawkeyes for the way they win week to week. They want style points, and they don't want someone to come from no where to get to the BCS title game. They want to keep Iowa in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi, not the Citi BCS Championship Game.

Would have to agree with the Harris poll and USA Today poll Iowa will remain at 4 in the BCS. For some reason the media feels if you dominate early in a game and then play even or lose ground you dominate, but Iowa dominated 35-3 2nd half and still covered point spread so #4 is safe lets get ready for NU.

ESPN's not even trying to hide their dislike for the Big10 anymore...if Iowa were any other undefeated, major BCS conference team that isn't one of that conference's usual suspects (Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State in the Big10) they'd be falling all over themselves to tell the cinderella story of that team...this is just endless bashing except from Mark May, who refuses to play that game...that being said, screw it! Enjoy this season no matter what "they" say...this team deserves a tidal wave of positive fans pouring over them!

Maybe we can think like the Buffalo Bills after they won their first three consecutive AFC championships: Screw them all and go for four!

It's too bad the rest of the Big 10 had to kill the conference nationally. Remember 2002-2006? The national media loved us those years. Even in 05 and 06 they were really amped up about Iowa early in the season. Unfortunately we didn't live up to expectations those years, but still, we were loved nationally. Now, because OSU and some of the other teams couldn't carry the torch for the conference, we're getting penalized for it.

Number 4 is as high as we will ever get, as long as the other 3 remain undefeated. Maybe the SEC title game loser causes us to jump to 3. We shall see. As i said before just win out and see where we land. Maybe something big will happen If Iowa can beat OSU. But as long as the human voters don't believe in Iowa, we are never going to get higher.

Using Sagrin's ratings and multiplying them by 4 (using the 25 for 1st, 24 for 2nd, etc.), I have Florida with a .9918 average for first, Alabama at .8800 for second, Texas at .8593 for third and Iowa at .8408 for fourth, with Cincy at .8335 for fifth.

FWIW, my own number crunching with the computer estimates:

Florida, .9918
Alabama, .9333
Texas, .9227
Iowa, .8407
TCU, .8041
Cincinnati, .7867
Boise St, .7763

I do believe ESPN is trying to beat down the Hawkeyes for the way they win week to week. They want style points, and they don't want someone to come from no where to get to the BCS title game. They want to keep Iowa in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi, not the Citi BCS Championship Game.

Style points...this is the most exciting football in the country...people are watching Iowa just to see what they'll do next...I think it's frickin awesome...I see SEC fans everday down here in Dixie and everyone of them that knows me always get some hawk talk going...it's good for football...deep down everybody except for the Gators are sick of hearing about Tim....I hope this thing gets all mixed up.....it would serve these we walk on water Big 10 haters right...go Hawks!

Style points...this is the most exciting football in the country...people are watching Iowa just to see what they'll do next...I think it's frickin awesome...I see SEC fans everday down here in Dixie and everyone of them that knows me always get some hawk talk going...it's good for football...deep down everybody except for the Gators are sick of hearing about Tim....I hope this thing gets all mixed up.....it would serve these we walk on water Big 10 haters right...go Hawks!

I agree with you on this...yet exciting to espn only happens in the SEC...This morning Kincade said on the radio that every team in the SEC makes big ten looks slow and had quite few lines of hate for the B10...he obviously forgot about who the hawks have beat in bowl games lately

Latest posts