10-game conference only 2020 schedule idea

Brutal road schedule. Anything over 1 or 2 wins there would be a blessing, IMHO.

How many growling kitty sound effects will the players have to endure at PSU with no fans. Do you think it will be after every play or will they tone it down to every other play?

How many growling kitty sound effects will the players have to endure at PSU with no fans. Do you think it will be after every play or will they tone it down to every other play?
I went to PSU in 2016 and I can say from experience (as a fan, obviously), its a brutal fucking stadium for visitors. Not only is it the second largest FB stadium in the nation by only a few seats, but it's loud as shit, and the fans literally never quit. The dB level in that building just never lets up. In Kinninck you'll have lulls in the crowd noise, and sometimes the crowd just goes flat if the Hawks aren't playing well, PSU is just relentless. 100,000 fans singing Sweet Caroline at the tops of their lungs after the game was physically painful. An empty Beaver Stadium would be interesting to watch, not that it's going to happen, though...

The one place that'd you;d never know COVID existed is NW. If you can't get free tickets before kickoff you ain't trying, and you can hear just about every word from the sidelines the way it is.

Last edited:
Hard to say how much of a role home plays this year. It's nonzero given the element of travel is still present, but it will be weird if there are no fans.

I don't know the Big House and Beaver Stadium would look alot bigger with nothing but rows of empty bleachers and I'm sure as close to the sidelines as Kinnick's empty stands would be there'd have to be an intimidation factor. I might put it right there with the advantage of the NBA's home team with their name and logo all over the arena in the bubble and computer generated fans inserted into the stands. Screams intimidation. Definite home field advantage lol.

I went to PSU in 2016 and I can say from experience (as a fan, obviously), its a brutal fucking stadium for visitors. Not only is it the second largest FB stadium in the nation by only a few seats, but it's loud as shit, and the fans literally never quit. The dB level in that building just never lets up. Like in Kinninck you'll have lulls in the crowd noise, and sometimes the crowd just goes flat if the Hawks aren't playing well, PSU is just relentless. 100,000 fans singing Sweet Caroline at the tops of their lungs after the game was physically painful. An empty Beaver Stadium would be interesting to watch, not that it's going to happen, though...

The one place that'd you;d never know COVID existed is NW. If you can't get free tickets before kickoff you ain't trying, and you can hear just about every word from the sidelines the way it is.
I hear it's a huge pain in the ass getting there too, 100,000 people driving up the same two-lane highway

I hear it's a huge pain in the ass getting there too, 100,000 people driving up the same two-lane highway
It is. We left from Gettysburg at like 6 in the morning for a night game (my buddy had co-workers tailgating that we met up with), and traffic was slow once we got about halfway there but not terrible. His other coworker left Gettysburg at 3 pm and didn't make it for the game. It's normally a 2 and a half hour drive but he sat in traffic for like 6 hours. He got as far as the tailgate area (in State college there are several open fields they use, not parking lots etc) and he went in the camper and went to bed. There was no way once he parked and tried to make his way to the stadium that he'd get there in time.

Once you get close to State College you'll start seeing these big dots painted on the 2 lane road. They've had so many rear-enders on those roads that there are signs all along the shoulder telling you to keep two dots between you and the next car in front of you. You can imagine 40, 50 thousand vehicles all bumper to bumper on a two lane road and somebody kills traffic dead with a fender bender for an hour what that does to people's trip...

I went on google maps and found one of the roads we took. You can see the dots. It's f'n nuts that they have that place in such a tiny town out in the boonies where the only way to get there are twisty two lane roads through the mountains.

Capture.jpg

I went to PSU in 2016 and I can say from experience (as a fan, obviously), its a brutal fucking stadium for visitors. Not only is it the second largest FB stadium in the nation by only a few seats, but it's loud as shit, and the fans literally never quit. The dB level in that building just never lets up. Like in Kinninck you'll have lulls in the crowd noise, and sometimes the crowd just goes flat if the Hawks aren't playing well, PSU is just relentless. 100,000 fans singing Sweet Caroline at the tops of their lungs after the game was physically painful. An empty Beaver Stadium would be interesting to watch, not that it's going to happen, though...

Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline at the top of his lungs is physically painful.

I’m sure when he recorded that song in 1969 he said to himself “I will have a jillion hit singles in the next five years and this one, of all my songs, will be my singalong signature song that would get mutilated in karaoke bars and be right up there with We Will Rock You in the pantheon of stadium sing along anthems.”

It is. We left from Gettysburg at like 6 in the morning for a night game (my buddy had co-workers tailgating that we met up with), and traffic was slow once we got about halfway there but not terrible. His other coworker left Gettysburg at 3 pm and didn't make it for the game. It's normally a 2 and a half hour drive but he sat in traffic for like 6 hours. He got as far as the tailgate area (in State college there are several open fields they use, not parking lots etc) and he went in the camper and went to bed. There was no way once he parked and tried to make his way to the stadium that he'd get there in time.

Once you get close to State College you'll start seeing these big dots painted on the 2 lane road. They've had so many rear-enders on those roads that there are signs all along the shoulder telling you to keep two dots between you and the next car in front of you. You can imagine 40, 50 thousand vehicles all bumper to bumper on a two lane road and somebody kills traffic dead with a fender bender for an hour what that does to people's trip...

I went on google maps and found one of the roads we took. You can see the dots. It's f'n nuts that they have that place in such a tiny town out in the boonies where the only way to get there are twisty two lane roads through the mountains.

Capture.jpg
Can you imagine going to Kinnick and they only way in or out is on highway 6? Or 1?

What you haven’t mentioned is how long it took you to get out of there. After a night game. It was probably easier to get out of Woodstock.

Latest posts