10 carries for Weisman

Unexplainable and indefensible to not run the ball more...especially when averaging over 4 yards/carry and your QB is struggling.

3rd and 2 with a chance to tie or take lead...you've just scored and moved the ball by running...and....you pass???

Wasn't really doing much when he did get it...did he?

Not running Weisman on that 3rd and 2 was unforgivable. The play of the game.

He should have gotten 30 carries, not 10.

I don't understand this moronic coaching staff. I'm not supporting Ferentz anymore. He is not intelligent enough to win in today's college football.

Just a pathetic effort on offense.

Run the ball with the wind at your back and attempt to pass with a QA that does not have the strongest arm when you go into the wind...confounding.

Well they've saved him long enough I'd say.... Lets get him 25 plus touches the rest of the way eh... Too bad we have a couple bad losses pretty much attributed to not playing one of our best weapons. It's his senior year what the heck are we saving him for now? He's basically had 3 games worth of work through 6. So lets ride that horse the rest of the way.

Both Weisman and Canzeri needed more carries. Weisman had 10 for 7.8 yds a carry, Canzeri had 8 for 4.4 yds a carry. Both were finding creases and it would have kept diggs off the field. Not to mention could have opened up play action passing, which is an area rudock excels at (could have helped him get back on track).

Not running Weisman on that 3rd and 2 was unforgivable. The play of the game.

He should have gotten 30 carries, not 10.

I don't understand this moronic coaching staff. I'm not supporting Ferentz anymore. He is not intelligent enough to win in today's college football.

Just a pathetic effort on offense.

I let out a very audible F-bomb, on that one, and that rarely happens with me.
Just the worst play call since the out route against Northern Illinois last year.

I don't understand why Iowa didn't run it more in the second half...it didn't work in the first half but it got rolling in the second. And then Iowa goes away from it. Iowa could have finished with 200+ yards and not a pick 6 had they just keep pounding the rock.

What I don't get is when Canzeri was injured, and Weisman was out, Bullock was in. Why isn't Daniels getting any playing time at all? He's a beast and has shown he's capable in games before. Yet when they are down a back and resting another, a pass catching RB is in on running situations.

What I don't get is when Canzeri was injured, and Weisman was out, Bullock was in. Why isn't Daniels getting any playing time at all? He's a beast and has shown he's capable in games before. Yet when they are down a back and resting another, a pass catching RB is in on running situations.

He got 1 carry today, I think, in a random situation. Very odd.

If you run the ball 35 times a game. Bye bye fast WRs. The ones you have won't be happy and good luck recruiting any more. Now, a running game may have been beneficial against Maryland but not always.
Iowa's defense isn't great this year. Iowa got behind by, what, 17 points? How do you propose running the rock to close the gap by 17 points?

If you run the ball 35 times a game. Bye bye fast WRs. The ones you have won't be happy and good luck recruiting any more. Now, a running game may have been beneficial against Maryland but not always.
Iowa's defense isn't great this year. Iowa got behind by, what, 17 points? How do you propose running the rock to close the gap by 17 points?

The gap got to 17 because of iowa going pass happy. and it's not like iowa utilizes its speed receivers anyway...

I am so disappointed in our running game, I mean when I watch other big ten running backs they are fast and more athletic, Strong and slow doesn't cut it anymore.

Averaging almost 8 yards/carry and he only gets 10 carries in the game. Against what may well be the worst run defense in the B1G. Great coaching guys!

I'm sure glad we spent all that time focusing on the passing game with noodle arm. Was great to see him hit about 50% of those 5 yards strikes he was throwing.

Our "coaching" staff has not only hit bottom, they kept digging.

Latest posts