• 10-2: Winning season and we're bowling again

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • 2-10: Kirk's hot seat continues to warm

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawkdrummer1

Let's cut to the chase.

Are we closer to 10-2 ... or 2-10... this fall. Sorry, no 6-6 option for you fence-sitters. Make the call.

Winners or Losers

Last edited:
First half of the season Iowa will be closer to a 2-10 team. I'd hope and expect us to be playing decent football the second half of the season. 2 seasons given the attrition of several years ago and multiple coaching changes is actually pretty remarkable if 2014 is what many expect it to be.

First half of the season Iowa will be closer to a 2-10 team. I'd hope and expect us to be playing decent football the second half of the season. 2 seasons given the attrition of several years ago and multiple coaching changes is actually pretty remarkable if 2014 is what many expect it to be.

so... huh?

If having two quarterbacks means you don't have a quarterback, what does having three quarterbacks mean?

I have a theory - Last season was so hard to watch that many of us have blocked it from our memories. It's kind of like the theory from the old TV series War Of The Worlds. Of course many of you have blocked that show from your memories too so let me try to jog them a little.. In the TV show, which was a sequel to the 1953 film, the aliens were somehow repressing the human's memories of the 1953 invasion. Characters in the story would say things like "I know I saw a lot of action in that war but can't seem to remember it".

Well we lived through 2012 and, frankly, I don't want to remember most of it. It was just plain hard to watch, even when it was a Hawkeye victory like the Slobber Knocker in East Lansing. I honestly can't remember a thing about the Indiana game, I know we played them and lost but that's it.

There is a lot of talk here about how 2014 seems to be the promising year and that we are running a new system this year. It's like GD didn't coach the entire season last year. The fact is he did. This season will not be his first at Iowa. This team is loaded w/ veteran players. This team is bigger than last year's. We are going to loose half of the probable starters to graduation and it's their second year in the new system. It will only take a couple on each side of the ball to step up to really help propel the team this season.

After kids day this Saturday we will have a lot better idea on how the season is going to look. If they look like they are all on the same page then I am going to be somewhat optimistic that the Hawkeyes will be closer to 10-2 then 2-10 and that they will give us a season to remember.

Without having 6-6 as an option, I've got to go with 2-10. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see 7 or more wins right now.

Without having 6-6 as an option, I've got to go with 2-10. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see 7 or more wins right now.

That's why I didn't list 6-6 as an option. My guess is... it might have gotten the most votes. People just aren't sure what to expect.

I am leaning more toward the 10-2 ... I would consider the season a success if we notch 7 wins. Going 6-6 or 5-7 is not an option. Not now. We need to see progress. A "new" staff ... and "new" focus of not resting on our laurels of how we did it in the past ... We can't be any worse than last year's 4-8 debacle. I think we saw the worst of the worst. That was the worst Iowa offense I remember seeing in my 34 years of being a Hawk fan. I think we can only go "up" from last season. But will that "up" be enough progress to get us back on track? We will soon see.

So no 6-6, as I predict. OK you compelled me to make a non 6-6 decision. 5-7.

Exact same for me. Not sitting on the fence, I honestly (hopefully) predict Iowa will end up 6-6 (I think they start 6-0, finish 0-6).

On the other hand, that is my optimistic prediction. I could easily see 2 or 3 losses (@ ISU, @ Minny, & MSU) in the first 6, and have little confidence of any wins in the final 6. So, i.m.o., it's not even a debate when "forced" to choose -- 2-10.

Given where this program was at the end of last year, a tougher schedule this year and a 1st year QB, I guess I just don't see how Iowa is closer to 10-2 this year than it is 2-10. I will be pleasantly surprised if this team manages to reach .500 this year, much less 7-5 or better. To add 3 wins or more to last year's total, Iowa is going to have to improve pretty dramatically from a year ago.

7-5

To answer the op, 10-2.......The schedule is more difficult this year, but it is backloaded, barring injuries they could very easily get off to a 5-1 start. go 3-3 the rest of the way you already at 8 victories, pull off an upset we are talking 9..........Yeah, I am drinking a little bit of the kool aid i just think everyone in the program is motivated after what happened last year I guess we will see if that is enough.

as much as you guys wanna peg me as a negative nancy, 10 - 2 is more likely than 2 - 10. We were only given two options.