10/10 Bowl Projections

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 6 - ESPN

Both ESPN heads have both Boise and TCU in BCS games. I really would love to hear their rationale. Only one non-AQ conference team gets an automatic bid if they are in the final top eight...not two. And Andrea doesn't have a second Big Ten team in a BCS bowl. If she thinks a BCS bowl is going to take TCU as an at large team over an available Big Ten team, she is nuts.

CBS: College Football Bowls - CBSSports.com

Jon Miller: Best of the Big Ten & Power Rankings | Hawkeye Nation
Steve Deace: LINK

For laughs, College Football News, the site that tabbed Georgia #3 preseason, they don't project Iowa in a bowl at all: LINK

I can definitely see both TCU and Boise get in, though not over an 11-1 Big Ten team. But two Big 12 teams doesn't sound right to me. If Nebraska wins the conference, I'm not sure OU gets in. I think they're overrated at this point. And if Boise makes the NCG, then TCU definitely gets in.

CFN just predicted Iowa in the Orange Bowl last week! How can a bye week make them go from BCS to no bowl??? Has to be a misprint. Regardless, these "predictions" just proved their irrelevancy.

Filling the stadium and economic impact are the most important factors to the bowls. Big Ten alumni bases bring it. If Iowa or Wisconsin is available to the Sugar Bowl, no way do they take TCU over one of those...no chance. I would love to have the debate with anyone on that topic

Filling the stadium and economic impact are the most important factors to the bowls. Big Ten alumni bases bring it. If Iowa or Wisconsin is available to the Sugar Bowl, no way do they take TCU over one of those...no chance. I would love to have the debate with anyone on that topic

Like I said, in those projections, OU and Nebraska were both in the BCS. I don't think the Big 12 gets two teams, especially if Nebraska wins the conference. If OU wins it, then I can easily see Nebraska getting an at-large. But the Big Ten gets two, no doubt.

This after you pretty much guaranteed Iowa would go to the Fiesta Bowl last year. By the way, you owe me $500 for the tickets I bought for that game.

Jon in your report you put Wisconsin had Jason White as a home run threat. I believe his name is James White?

Jon in your report you put Wisconsin had Jason White as a home run threat. I believe his name is James White?

Thanks...the irony in this is I heard Spielman call him Jason yesterday and instantly thought 'No, it's James' and then I make the same mistake ;)

This after you pretty much guaranteed Iowa would go to the Fiesta Bowl last year. By the way, you owe me $500 for the tickets I bought for that game.

Yes, me, Marc Morehouse and one other media member I cannot remember were saying 90% Fiesta. I know who I spoke with, I know who was on it from the U of I, and it was all but booking rooms time.

Then Texas laid an egg against Nebraska in the B12 title game.

But I never, ever guaranteed anything to the point of telling people to buy tickets to a game. That's on you, as I go out of my way to make it clear that unless I know its 100%, dont do that.

Jon,

Why did both TCU and Boise St. make it last year but you think there's no chance they both get selected this year?

That was for the same game...I think that was a 'people's champion' unique setting, and Texas stunk vs Nebraska to open the door for that.

I will just have to see two non-AQ conference teams in different BCS bowls before I buy it, especially how they have it set up.

Like I said, in those projections, OU and Nebraska were both in the BCS. I don't think the Big 12 gets two teams, especially if Nebraska wins the conference. If OU wins it, then I can easily see Nebraska getting an at-large. But the Big Ten gets two, no doubt.

Three leagues can get multiple BCS bids. The Big Ten has the most...9 of the last 12 years...and now with the five games, you can darn near make book they will keep getting bids because of the alumni bases and the traveling reputations

Three leagues can get multiple BCS bids. The Big Ten has the most...9 of the last 12 years...and now with the five games, you can darn near make book they will keep getting bids because of the alumni bases and the traveling reputations

I'm not saying that TCU gets in over the #2 Big Ten team. But I DO think they get in over the #2 Big 12 team, as long as the #2 isn't Nebraska. If Nebraska loses in the Big 12 CG, then they'll get in because of their fans. But if Nebraska wins the Big 12, I think TCU will get in (provided that BSU made the NCG).

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 6 - ESPN

Both ESPN heads have both Boise and TCU in BCS games. I really would love to hear their rationale. Only one non-AQ conference team gets an automatic bid if they are in the final top eight...not two. And Andrea doesn't have a second Big Ten team in a BCS bowl. If she thinks a BCS bowl is going to take TCU as an at large team over an available Big Ten team, she is nuts.

CBS: College Football Bowls - CBSSports.com

Jon Miller: Best of the Big Ten & Power Rankings | Hawkeye Nation
Steve Deace: LINK

For laughs, College Football News, the site that tabbed Georgia #3 preseason, they don't project Iowa in a bowl at all: LINK

I think somebody woke up and corrected the earlier poll...I see them having Iowa playing Auburn in the Outback bowl.

They also originally had Pitt playing in two bowl games (which they also corrected)...

January 8, 2011 Birmingham, AL
Birmingham Bowl 12:00 pm ESPN
Big East No. 4 vs. SEC (or MAC if no Big East or SEC)
Projection: Pitt vs. Kentucky

December 31, 2010 Charlotte, NC
Meineke Car Care Bowl 12:00 pm ESPN
Big East No. 3 vs. ACC No. 5
Projection: Pitt vs. North Carolina

Latest posts