$1 Dogs..

iowachief

Went to Carver last night to take in the game. They had been promoting $1 dogs for awhile now on their website for this game. Ordered a pop and a dog and the total was this crazy amount. I asked, "isnt it $1 dogs"? They said that promotion was cancelled on Tuesday. Thats crap that the university pulls a promotion a day before the game.

yeah thats pretty bogus, did they have anything else reduced in exchange? id definitely email in a complaint. thats kinda bait and swtich.

Ha ha. Seriously??? Are you that big of a cheap skate? What kind of a person eats a hot dog anyways?

I have a friend who is pretty high up in the Carver food prep department on days in which he doesnt have class. He told me that they canned the $1 hotdogs, so I didnt even show up for the game.

I also have a friend who is a program sales rep and he said word around row 16 is most of the donors dont eat hotdogs.

Ha ha. Seriously??? Are you that big of a cheap skate? What kind of a person eats a hot dog anyways?

Ditka

4e6379d746f689ea66391f0fc9cbf7fd.jpg

I have attended my last game at Carver if this is true.....

When they bring the Vienna Chicago Dog into the House, I will be back.....

20070503chicagodog.jpg

:)

yeah thats pretty bogus, did they have anything else reduced in exchange? id definitely email in a complaint. thats kinda bait and swtich.

I realize it's just a hot dog and only a few bucks difference, but it's pretty crappy, really. Why not go further and say they're giving away a car at halftime, sell the place out, and then say that it isn't happening?

It's false advertising. Believe it or not, a LOT more fans show up during these $1 dog games. Family of 4, 10 hot dogs between the family (really, who only eats one?).
$10 or $35.....that's a pretty big difference.

They promoted this "special" on their website all season. Pretty crappy.

I realize it's just a hot dog and only a few bucks difference, but it's pretty crappy, really. Why not go further and say they're giving away a car at halftime, sell the place out, and then say that it isn't happening?

Yep, I agree. Its the principle. Doesnt matter if its a quarter off or $3 off. You cant advertise the deal and then pull it at the last minute. i'm assuming the ticket sales exceeded their expectations.
It would be similar if you bought the family four pack (4 tix, 4 dogs & 4 pops) and then you got there and they said they decided not to give you the pops. Its not fair to the patrons and pretty stupid if you ask me.

I have a friend who is pretty high up in the Carver food prep department on days in which he doesnt have class. He told me that they canned the $1 hotdogs, so I didnt even show up for the game.

I also have a friend who is a program sales rep and he said word around row 16 is most of the donors dont eat hotdogs.

You have lots of friends working at the U! (I heard it was actually row 18)

Latest posts