1-11 coach receives 56K bonus

Keep in mind more than one person approved those terms in his contract.
It'll be press-fodder for a couple days and then nothing will be done about it. That's what happens in the twisted world of Academia, where nobody with a title is ever held accountable and everybody gets paid with a wink and a smile.

There isn't one coach in FBS who makes his base salary. That's why when people quote the base salary of anyone connected to Hawkeye football . . . well, ya gotta call em out for what they are, propagandist simpletons.

Keep in mind more than one person approved those terms in his contract.
It'll be press-fodder for a couple days and then nothing will be done about it. That's what happens in the twisted world of Academia, where nobody with a title is ever held accountable and everybody gets paid with a wink and a smile.

It is not much different than CEOs of companies large and small who dont measurably do a good job and sometimes terrible job who keep getting bonuses, stock options, and raises. How boards of directors and shareholders do this and put up with it is amazingly bad. And as you say the headlines are in the paper for only a few days, along with the outrage when these companies fire and layoff workers at the same time, yet in a few days it is all forgotten and people in general just accept the irony of bad results with better compensation.

Edsall is in his second stint at UConn and I think in his first year of this contract. Without knowing the details of his contract I have no ideas of this smallish bonus. Maybe he got the bonus for winning one game, graduation rates, low problem issues with players, who knows.

This thread reminds me of a certain fanbase that gets tired of 7 or 8 win seasons and thinks that the only way things can go is up from where they are at.

Latest posts