02 Iowa PSU game

jayjm56

Just watched Iowa PSU from 2002, thank you video on demand, and made just a few observations. First of all it was a great game. Nice to see Iowa scoring in the 40's. Next and the biggest most glaring thing was that complete meltdown in the 4th quarter. How do you give up 22 points in 8 minutes. The Captain also had a lot more fire back in those days. I forgot he had the emotions he had at that game. Our play book seemed to be a lot more open for that team. Not sure if it was a talent thing or just we have gotten extremely conservative. It also amazed me that we could run after a catch.

Now for the players. First of all our corners were pretty weak at the time. Banks plain and simple was fun to watch. I loved watching him throw on the run. Dallas just made some great catches and obviously knew how to get open. Freddie as always was just a joy to see. That little guy was quick. Got to love seeing Keading get his longest FG at the time and see him run around the field. Finally I personally miss Eddie Hinkel. Love watching some of his amazing catches.

Overall even with the implosion fun game to watch

Last edited:
That first half is as dominating a performance against a quality team, on the road, as we will ever see. That's how I remember it, not for any "implosion." We won. I guess your memory depends on whether you are a half full or half empty person

We got robbed in that game. I forget which play it was, but either Russell or Clark clearly scored a TD, but got called down at the 1, then we turned it over on the next play I think. Had it been properly called a TD the game would have been sealed. Instead we had to sweat it out in OT. I love how Joe Pa ran down the officials at the end. Ha ha. The better team won JoePa, sorry.

We got robbed in that game. I forget which play it was, but either Russell or Clark clearly scored a TD, but got called down at the 1, then we turned it over on the next play I think. Had it been properly called a TD the game would have been sealed. Instead we had to sweat it out in OT. I love how Joe Pa ran down the officials at the end. Ha ha. The better team won JoePa, sorry.

We also got jobbed on a clear fumble by Larry Johnson that Antwan Allen waltzed into the endzone untouched. Ref ruled him down by contact and it was not even close. That was in the 2nd quarter when the game was not even close and that would have made it out of hand.

How do you watch old games on demand?

Is it on Mediacom somewhere?

It was on Directv. Awesome on demand capabilities. I also watched 1990 Michigan game. Man did Matt Rodgers drop back far. He had to throw 25 yards for a 10 yard completion

Latest posts