Iowa's win over-under for '24 set at 7.5 (again)

NorthKCHawk

Like Sandhill Cranes flying through central Nebraska, the annual traditions of Iowa's win total being set at 7.5 and Nebraska's W/L line being inflated both continue. Iowa is coming off 10 wins, has most of an elite defense returning, has a favorable schedule, and will be improved on offense because we have nowhere to go but up (and yes this is the third offseason in a row I have said that). Iowa has also not hit the under for 7.5 for a decade. I wish I gambled.....

Like Sandhill Cranes flying through central Nebraska, the annual traditions of Iowa's win total being set at 7.5 and Nebraska's W/L line being inflated both continue. Iowa is coming off 10 wins, has most of an elite defense returning, has a favorable schedule, and will be improved on offense because we have nowhere to go but up (and yes this is the third offseason in a row I have said that). Iowa has also not hit the under for 7.5 for a decade. I wish I gambled.....

Bookmakers have long been astounded at how high they can set the O/U and still get nebraskites to take the over; it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm surprised there hasn't been legislation introduced to curb the stealing of money from the high school dropout demographic that makes up 93.8% of the state's over-18 population. It's definitely not fair.

Bookmakers have long been astounded at how high they can set the O/U and still get nebraskites to take the over; it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm surprised there hasn't been legislation introduced to curb the stealing of money from the high school dropout demographic that makes up 93.8% of the state's over-18 population. It's definitely not fair.
The Sand People do like to give their money away for their team.

In looking at their schedule, that CU game against Prime in Prime time at home is going to be critical. They win that, they likely go over.

Nebbie has two for sure losses at USC and OSU. Iowa and Wisky are probably pick 'ems. The rest of the schedule is pretty easy and they should be favored. 9 wins seems to be the ceiling. On the optimistic side (from my view), they lose to CU at home, stub their toe somewhere else they should not, and lose OSU, USC, Iowa and Wisky and they are 6-6. That is the realistic floor given that schedule and their roster.

The O/U for Nebby and Iowa should tell you all you need to know about gambling. If you gamble put your money where the deck is not stacked. Enrich your friends and not your enemies. Also we should note that Nebby fans gambling with the big boys means less money to nebby for acquiring players.

This is interesting. Not only Iowa's but a couple of others that stand out to be to be low. Wisconsin at 6 1/2 and Minnesota at 5 seem a little light. But having said that, I don't follow those teams and what they have returning, nor have I looked at their schedules. All good reasons why I don't gamble....

Minny's schedule is brutal. 6 wins would be pretty damn good actually.

Push
Win
Win
Loss
Loss
Loss
Push
Push
Push
Push
Loss
Loss

I expect Wisconsin and Nebraska to be much imrpoved and ISU will be better. That is 3 50/50 games. So they lose all of those plus Ohio State thats still over 7.5.

Michigan State, Washington and UCLA are total overhauls. Just don't lose those.

I expect Wisconsin and Nebraska to be much imrpoved and ISU will be better. That is 3 50/50 games. So they lose all of those plus Ohio State thats still over 7.5.

Michigan State, Washington and UCLA are total overhauls. Just don't lose those.
Washington may not be quite the overall that the other two are given that they played for a Nattie last season. But, it is at home and I like our chances there. Hard to judge how the new teams are going to do, except that USC should be just fine.

Iowa's over/under of 8 or 7.5 can pretty be set in stone every year. As sure as death and taxes.

Even after their last 5 regular season win totals have gone:
2023 --> 10
2022 --> 7 (missed the over of 7.5)
2021 --> 10
2020 --> 9 (extrapolated)
2019 --> 9

Betting the over on Iowa over the last decade has been good business.

Latest posts