OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

I wonder if its poor coaching..after all... Universities have more resources so its more attractive.

I saw a lot of standing around out there when the Fever had the ball. CC got tied up out high and nobody was there on time.
I think it's a combination of that and less athleticism. When there's an identical men's team sport to compare to like basketball, soccer, etc. it's just panful to watch because you get used to seeing the peak of that athleticism when you watch men's sports. Is not sexism, it's just the truth. Males are born with almost every possible physical advantage possible.

It has to be an acquired taste I guess.

A few years ago the women's national soccer team got absolutely shit housed by a 14u boys team. WNBA teams would get murdered by decent high school boys, and if you look at the world record elite women's track and field times, they wouldn't even make the top 500 all time high school boys times in any event.

People get offended and cry foul when someone says women's sports aren't exciting and say it's straight up sexism...it's not. It's nature.

I'll say this...If you watch sports to see peak athletic performance in a given discipline because that's what impresses/excites you, women's sports ain't it. Attendance and viewership proves it.

If you watch sports for storylines and don't care about top level athleticism and performance, then yep...it's exciting. There's something for everyone.

If you watch sports for storylines and don't care about top level athleticism and performance, then yep...it's exciting. There's something for everyone.
I don't disagree with anything you posted that I didn't copy in, but I find that men's basketball at both the college level and NBA extremely boring. It's all athleticism and shooting skill. There's very little team work and strategy. Women's basketball is more entertaining at both levels to me because of that.

honestly the best women's college teams seemed more cohesive, synched up and better shooting than what I saw last night. Then I watch 3 minutes of Las Vegas / and whomever and the caliber of play there was better than Fever

I don't disagree with anything you posted that I didn't copy in, but I find that men's basketball at both the college level and NBA extremely boring. It's all athleticism and shooting skill. There's very little team work and strategy. Women's basketball is more entertaining at both levels to me because of that.
That's what I meant that there's something for everyone. I can't stand WNBA because it's like a blooper reel and I think seeing Curry hit 10 3s in a game from 10 feet behind the line is impressive.

Seeing 14 doinks and air balls from under the rim in a WNBA game and what amounts to a snowball fight with the ball bouncing around all over the place is impossible for me to watch. Ford/Chevy.

honestly the best women's college teams seemed more cohesive, synched up and better shooting than what I saw last night. Then I watch 3 minutes of Las Vegas / and whomever and the caliber of play there was better than Fever
The average WNBA head coach salary is five figures.

Salaries of notable college HCs...

Mulkey - $3.26M
Geno A - $3.1M
Staley - $3.1M
Bluder - $1.4M

Bluder makes more that the salary cap of an entire WNBA team and the 3 above her are well over double.

Mind you, I'm not saying that's wrong. WNBA doesn't make any money and there's very, very little demand; it's natural that they don't pay NBA or college level salaries. If I own a car dealership and one of my sales staff grosses a million in a year I'm not gonna pay him or her $2M.

I think it's a combination of that and less athleticism. When there's an identical men's team sport to compare to like basketball, soccer, etc. it's just panful to watch because you get used to seeing the peak of that athleticism when you watch men's sports. Is not sexism, it's just the truth. Males are born with almost every possible physical advantage possible.

It has to be an acquired taste I guess.

A few years ago the women's national soccer team got absolutely shit housed by a 14u boys team. WNBA teams would get murdered by decent high school boys, and if you look at the world record elite women's track and field times, they wouldn't even make the top 500 all time high school boys times in any event.

People get offended and cry foul when someone says women's sports aren't exciting and say it's straight up sexism...it's not. It's nature.

I'll say this...If you watch sports to see peak athletic performance in a given discipline because that's what impresses/excites you, women's sports ain't it. Attendance and viewership proves it.

I didn't know that I was walking into a hall of misogyny and transphobia. Trans women can play basketball just as well as men and they ARE WOMEN.

Unpopular opinion…Taco Juan’s absolutely shits on Taco Belle.

TJ’s beats TB to a pulp with both hands tied behind its back.
No doubt. I love TJ's. I get the same thing every time I go there...

...the runs.

Tasty though. The food, not the diarrhea.

Latest posts