Interesting News at QB

Correct, people thinking that a mobile/running QB is necessary for the RPO don't really get it. It's just simply not. Now having a mobile QB is a bonus, I admit that. It's a scheme of deception more than anything and having a QB making correct reads at the line and getting the ball out quick. Those aspects are what is most important with this offense.

Last year our entire offense was a scheme of deception. :(

Correct, people thinking that a mobile/running QB is necessary for the RPO don't really get it. It's just simply not. Now having a mobile QB is a bonus, I admit that. It's a scheme of deception more than anything and having a QB making correct reads at the line and getting the ball out quick. Those aspects are what is most important with this offense.

All joking aside from my last comment, I don’t know if it will work with our current personnel, but it should be fun to watch them try to run something different for a change. I also agree with your comment about a mobile quarterback being a PLUS.

We are all going to be holding our breath every time Cade takes a hit.

McNamara is a paper mache QB sorry to say, we best have a good secondary plan, we gonna need it.

In the ancient Iowan language that means; “A good punter!”

All joking aside several players that have been interviewed have stated that the new offense is more receiver friendly. That would be a welcome change.

If Lester finds success in Iowa City he will be near the top of the list to replace Kirk. That’s a huge IF though. Would love to see it as it would mean Iowa’s offensive woes are coming to an end. Hey, might as well be optimistic at this point, offense can’t be worse then it has been the last few year…………. what’s below last place?

A little off topic here. But why is it we are the most plain generic offense ever, yet whenever we do try a trick play it blows up in our face? You would think they would catch the defense off guard by kinda luring them to sleep the whole game. Anyone have a theory for why they never work?

All joking aside from my last comment, I don’t know if it will work with our current personnel, but it should be fun to watch them try to run something different for a change. I also agree with your comment about a mobile quarterback being a PLUS.

Takes a hit??? Every moment he's on the field. Last two seasons were lost to no contact injuries. That kid is fragile.

Takes a hit??? Every moment he's on the field. Last two seasons were lost to no contact injuries. That kid is fragile.

Yep, tripped over a yard line Marker.

Also is he really coming back or is this going to be one of those Bluder things where we were all expecting a player to come back and play during the NCAA tournament and she sit on the bench the whole post season? That was disappointing. My heart goes out to her after playing so affective and then having to miss out on such a great run by the Lady Hawks. The lady hawks took some pretty good hits from LSU and South Carolina. Maybe we can get South Carolina’s 6’7” center to transfer through the portal and play on our offensive line.

I'm extremely disappointed in you for not knowing the exact year. You're slipping.
If I were to guess, I'd say 1979. That was the year Dubuque Hempstead won its only state football championship (my freshman year) KWWL did the games, and Bob Hogue was on the mic for that one.

Fifty years is a long freaking time in that business, especially at one station. Even Chicago WGN weatherman Tom Skilling recently retired and he only had 46 years.

Running this offense may be a benefit to keeping Cade healthy or at least gives a better chance. The deception hopefully will not allow the LB's and D ends to just pin their ears back and blitz or bull rush the line. If the Iowa OL can play much better he shouldn't get hit nearly as much running the RPO compared to what Iowa used to run. That's my hope.

From what I have read about the type of offense Lester runs, it should take some pressure off the QB position. The KOK/BF offense was, in fact, complicated. Not in a good way either, like Andy Reid's offense. It just put a lot of pressure on the QB to make a number of reads, get the reads right, and execute with a defense that has a good idea of what is coming.

If there truly will be some RPOs this year, that is a relatively simple play. Presnap read, and then on the snap you are generally reading the weakside backer as to where he commits. I am also hoping their are more timing routes in the passing game. Three step drop, release to a spot. Just more rythym and timing. Not as much thinking and deep progression reads.

From what I have read about the type of offense Lester runs, it should take some pressure off the QB position. The KOK/BF offense was, in fact, complicated. Not in a good way either, like Andy Reid's offense. It just put a lot of pressure on the QB to make a number of reads, get the reads right, and execute with a defense that has a good idea of what is coming.

If there truly will be some RPOs this year, that is a relatively simple play. Presnap read, and then on the snap you are generally reading the weakside backer as to where he commits. I am also hoping their are more timing routes in the passing game. Three step drop, release to a spot. Just more rythym and timing. Not as much thinking and deep progression reads.
Exactly. It stresses the D in a couple ways. Whatever they are trying to take a way will be leaving something else open be it a running lane gap or passing lane. The other thing this sort of O does is takes stress off the Oline. They aren't being asked to physically dominate the guy across from them so much as just not get smoked off the snap. Having someone in motion more often keeps defenses less aggressive too making them have to read and react instead of being aggressive too and getting burned. It's the only type of O colleges should be running honestly

A little off topic here. But why is it we are the most plain generic offense ever, yet whenever we do try a trick play it blows up in our face? You would think they would catch the defense off guard by kinda luring them to sleep the whole game. Anyone have a theory for why they never work?

need better players

Yeah running is his problem. He can't seem to plant accelerate or change directions at all it seems like. Over under that he starts 4 games this yr for us is probably not very good.

Latest posts