Xavier Foster is back in the portal

Hawkfnntn

Guess he doesn't want to play for the guy coming from USC. Or Edsall doesn't want him is probably how it is. Either way he's looking for a home again

Carton had a respectable college career anyway. Foster has not. Wish the best for the young man. Hasn’t made the best choices it appears

Carton had a respectable college career anyway. Foster has not. Wish the best for the young man. Hasn’t made the best choices it appears
0 dances, 2 schools, averaged 13 points a game, left with eligibility left, no all conference honors- went undrafted. He contributed for sure, but it's debatable how respectable it is. I mean, we rail on a ton of Iowa players for doing far more than that. Iowa went to the dance every year he played college basketball fwiw

I am of the mind that Carton and X would have been stars at Iowa - with a coach that knows how to develop talent, the road could have looked a lot different for both of these guys.

0 dances, 2 schools, averaged 13 points a game, left with eligibility left, no all conference honors- went undrafted. He contributed for sure, but it's debatable how respectable it is. I mean, we rail on a ton of Iowa players for doing far more than that. Iowa went to the dance every year he played college basketball fwiw

I am of the mind that Carton and X would have been stars at Iowa - with a coach that knows how to develop talent, the road could have looked a lot different for both of these guys.
Carton didn't end up doing much be he potentially really could've. Have you seen him in Gleague? He's talented and always has been. Had he came to Iowa and stuck it out I agree I think he'd have been a hell of a player. Dude just couldn't get out of his own way.

X I'm not so sure about... He evidently doesn't have the drive or work ethic. Woulda been interesting had he came to Iowa day 1 he could've played with Garza for a yr to train and learn. Coulda done him a world of good.

Carton didn't end up doing much be he potentially really could've. Have you seen him in Gleague? He's talented and always has been. Had he came to Iowa and stuck it out I agree I think he'd have been a hell of a player. Dude just couldn't get out of his own way.

X I'm not so sure about... He evidently doesn't have the drive or work ethic. Woulda been interesting had he came to Iowa day 1 he could've played with Garza for a yr to train and learn. Coulda done him a world of good.
Oh yeah, he was very good, he actually played really well for TOSU the 2nd half of his rookie season....he would have been great at Iowa, but probably would have transferred because he couldn't beat out Jordan lol.

I watched Foster in high school once. Biggest kid on the court and he lazily hung out at the 3 point line the whole game. It was weird.

I looked up the SMU box scores a few times last year and he wasn't getting many, if any, minutes.

Who would want this guy? Maybe new Drake coach Ben McCollum?

Does he end up back in Oskaloosa?

Oh yeah, he was very good, he actually played really well for TOSU the 2nd half of his rookie season....he would have been great at Iowa, but probably would have transferred because he couldn't beat out Jordan lol.
Carton played only two years of college ball before he declared for the draft. He would have benefited from four years of college under a good coach. In today's world of NIL, he probably stays in college.

jesus, this guy is still playing?
Yes. Although playing since the crucifixion, Foster has only participated in 21 games, reaching a high of 4.0 ppg at ISU, then .04 at SMU then 0 this past season, in only four games. Only 32 points since HS graduation in 2020.

That's gotta be cheaper than Filene's Basement in NIL numbers. I didn't see that Foster was injured in the first page of the search. So benched the entire season, and only played four scoreless games. What's the story there?

Yeah Fran coulda found a way to play them together I would think. JBo coulda played off the ball more which woulda benefited him immensely. What if what if what if