Cleveland gathering spot?

Hillcrest1981

I live 3 hours from Cleveland and would love to go to the game but it's just too much to get a decent seat and i don't want to sit in the nose bleed sections. Does anyone know a gathering place in downtown Cleveland for Iowa fans? My family is all in to watch the game in a bar with more screaming Hawkeyes!

Looks like the Cleveland I-Club has a Facebook page, maybe start with that? I don't have Facebook so I can't check it out but I'd bet you'll find some friendly folks there who'd know some spots to hang out.

I live 3 hours from Cleveland and would love to go to the game but it's just too much to get a decent seat and i don't want to sit in the nose bleed sections. Does anyone know a gathering place in downtown Cleveland for Iowa fans? My family is all in to watch the game in a bar with more screaming Hawkeyes!

Sit in the nosebleeds.
I kick myself. I had a chance. I had a free weekend. My kid who's in Iowa City had a "free" weekend and would have loved for me to come. Early conference schedule game. Tickets were only like $100. I was lazy.

Now, I will have to wait for it to die down a bit and go stay in Indianapolis. My wife and I don't know anybody there and have no reason to go to Indianapolis, other than for a Fever game. Just to see. In person. And who knows what that will be. It will feel nothing like it would seeing the rest of the cast and crew of this team that, dammnit, has come to mean so much. And I have zero stake in it. Other than, it's my alma mater and one of the most sensational things ever to happen in sports at my alma mater.

Get inside if you can. I took my two boys to both games in Seattle last year. Probably the coolest sporting events I've ever been to. A championship atmosphere is pretty rare for Hawkeye games. And almost non-existent to also have a baller Hawkeye team that never fails to rise to the moment. At the end of the game, we wandered down towards the court and just watched for another hour. Watched each of the players cut down part of the net, watched them hug coaches and each other. I teared up. These things don't really happen for the Hawkeyes. Or at least not in the past.

It doesn't matter where you sit. It's a basketball arena. If you are at all considering it, just get inside. And then come back and post about it.

Sit in the nosebleeds.
I kick myself. I had a chance. I had a free weekend. My kid who's in Iowa City had a "free" weekend and would have loved for me to come. Early conference schedule game. Tickets were only like $100. I was lazy.

Now, I will have to wait for it to die down a bit and go stay in Indianapolis. My wife and I don't know anybody there and have no reason to go to Indianapolis, other than for a Fever game. Just to see. In person. And who knows what that will be. It will feel nothing like it would seeing the rest of the cast and crew of this team that, dammnit, has come to mean so much. And I have zero stake in it. Other than, it's my alma mater and one of the most sensational things ever to happen in sports at my alma mater.
Also, they're not playing in a football dome like the mens.

Latest posts