NIT Round 2: Iowa @ Utah

So you’re ok with a kid launching a 3 at the buzzer?
Depends I suppose... If there was some gambling spread influence possible then yeah that could be something to ask questions about. I couldn't even tell you what the spread was for this game but I'll guess it was closer then it was and this didn't affect that. But he still had to make the shot. What gets the gambling world more is when guys are missing and turning it over on purpose.

Do I have a problem with guys who just do it to do it like PM did when it's his last time ever on a D1 court? God no. If other team wanted to keep playing defense up to the very end they could've too that would've been their prerogative. I highly doubt Utahs coaches gave two shits about it nor should they.

OK. Our season has ended. If you are posting and ripping into players, you are also the same clowns who have refused to watch the Hawks all season, don’t post during games for nearly the entire season, and lay back and pick the low hanging fruit when we lose.

I am about done with HawkeyeNation after many years of enjoyment, mixed with frustration. I am so disappointed with the posters here totally abandoning the team this season, rather than recognizing that with 4 freshmen playing against guys 4 or 5 years older, we are in rebuilding mode.

I really enjoyed my season ticket this year and will be in CHA again next season.

The constant ripping into Fran and his kids, the blame game on CHA environment when you clowns have never even purchased a season ticket, the attacks on college kids who are working the equivalent of two full time jobs, you guys who did not sit through Alfraud and Lackluster, after watching Miller, Lute, Dr.Tom, should be ashamed of your lack of context on Hawkeye basketball.

Thank you, man!

you are a trolling asshole. If this site is going to devolve into a forum for ripping into college kids, I am done with it. Used to seeing warnings given to posters who pulled this bull shit.
You belong here- stay. I've felt the same ways at time, just realize your contribtions are a welcomed sight.

Can someone please post this separately so Grandpa can see it? He has me on ignore but he needs to read this:

Look, Grandpa, with the transfer portal having 4 freshmen means absolutely nothing in the modern era. They could all develop into NBA caliber players and the likelihood of them finishing their career at Iowa is close to 0% because college basketball is now just about who can hire the best mercenaries to fill gaps out of the transfer portal. Freshmen do not matter and in fact are probably a drag right now. See, e.g., Kentucky.
From the threats / posts he's made, pretty sure he's got about 3/4 of HN on ignore by now.
Be careful or you'll find yourself on double-secret ignore by the Dwight Schrute Admin wannabe.:rolleyes:

You’re ducked in the head. That happens in other sports and fights breakout. It was a completely selfish act whether you and others are willing to admit it.

If you think it’s ok then rewind about 15 seconds and see what the other team did when we (and he) literally left him standing wide open, lane to the bucket and Utah just dribbles it out.

Crowd booed when Fran took a timeout with under 1 min remaining. Just take the L and move on.
Games are 40 mins long. I've flip flopped my takes on this over the years. Where I've landed now is that how each coach wants to play it out is their own prerogative. Unless there's some obvious gambling implications and the players are aware then play it out how they want. If one side wants to wave the white flag and sub then great. If they want to leave starters in and play it out then whatever you do you. A meaningless 3 at the buzzer for the team behind by 11 is just that. Meaningless to everyone but the player taking it. If the winning team is butt hurt over it so what? They didn't seem to be btw.

You’re ducked in the head. That happens in other sports and fights breakout. It was a completely selfish act whether you and others are willing to admit it.

If you think it’s ok then rewind about 15 seconds and see what the other team did when we (and he) literally left him standing wide open, lane to the bucket and Utah just dribbles it out.

Crowd booed when Fran took a timeout with under 1 min remaining. Just take the L and move on.
nobody gives a shit if the losing team scores at the end of the game (unless they have money on it)

You are making zero sense.

They were booing Fran taking a timeout because the game was over and there was no reason to stop the clock anymore - completely different thing.

nobody gives a shit if the losing team scores at the end of the game (unless they have money on it)

You are making zero sense.

They were booing Fran taking a timeout because the game was over and there was no reason to stop the clock anymore - completely different thing.
No shit. There's a huge difference between the winning team jacking up a 3 late and the losing team doing it. Fran takes shot clock violations in games we have won all the time so there is a huge sample size of what happens next. I'd say it's about 50/50 on whether the other team shoots at the end or dribbles it out. It's no big deal at all

Latest posts