Hawkeye Hoops Advances in NIT

I cant help but notice the "Fran can't make the sweet 16" crowd is pretty quiet right now...

Probably, as we all know, Fran still has yet to make it to the NCAA tourney sweet 16. Nothing has changed.

There is a big difference between making the NCAA tourney sweet 16, and making the NIT final 16. All you have to do in the NIT is win one game at home against a team at best ranked 50th in the country.

With that said, congrats should still go out to Iowa for an impressive win over K-State

Probably, as we all know, Fran still has yet to make it to the NCAA tourney sweet 16. Nothing has changed.

There is a big difference between making the NCAA tourney sweet 16, and making the NIT final 16. All you have to do in the NIT is win one game at home against a team at best ranked 50th in the country.

With that said, congrats should still go out to Iowa for an impressive win over K-State
Thanks PC Hawk

It may be not many know about it "Sweet 16" in NIT is of course not the same

I see the crowd was 4500 last night
Seemed louder than that on TV.

NIT crowds are usually pretty light. You have 2 days notice for a game that is of very light meaning. Good to see the young Hawks get a win.

K State beat probably at least a quarter of the Sweet 16 this season and Iowa beat them....so it all adds up to finally getting to a S16. I am glad we can put this all to rest now.

K State beat probably at least a quarter of the Sweet 16 this season and Iowa beat them....so it all adds up to finally getting to a S16. I am glad we can put this all to rest now.
Thats not how it works. Just because a team beat a team who beat a team doesn't mean they're a sweet 16 team....

Enjoyed the game immensely. Perky got out from under his funk but can even do better, hope it's but a start. Athletic team we beat, with a large center. The guys held up under some pressure, fun game. Congrats and on to the next. 4 more W's and we are champs. Now if Iowa State men can pull it off as well as Iowa women Iowa could be quite the hot talk of the bball world. Not impossible...................

Enjoyed the game immensely. Perky got out from under his funk but can even do better, hope it's but a start. Athletic team we beat, with a large center. The guys held up under some pressure, fun game. Congrats and on to the next. 4 more W's and we are champs. Now if Iowa State men can pull it off as well as Iowa women Iowa could be quite the hot talk of the bball world. Not impossible...................
Sorry but ISU men are already head and shoulders a better program then we are. They get a NC and forget about it. No way I want to see them win anything them doing so would have negative effects on us from more then just their annoying fan base.

I never thought it was possible that a team from Iowa could win the national championship in football or basketball.

But lo and behold, the Iowa women almost did it last year (national runner-up) and Iowa State has a legitimate chance this year.

Have covered NIT games back to the Georgia contest at CHA back in the late 90s

The crowds are small but it's people that WANT to be there and are in it from the jump

Yeah, the NIT is the better tournament because it allows for some extra home games. The high water mark for this program even going back 25 years now is that one year when we almost won the NIT but lost a heartbreaker to Baylor in the title game.

Sorry but ISU men are already head and shoulders a better program then we are. They get a NC and forget about it. No way I want to see them win anything them doing so would have negative effects on us from more then just their annoying fan base.

Yep. Come Thursday, you can’t meet a bigger SDSU fan than me.

I was at the Georgia NIT game in 97 and that truly felt like the end for Mr. Davis. Ryan Bowen, Ricky Davis and Dean Oliver all could keep up with the Georgia dudes, but the other 12 guys on the roster was just plodding in mud. That game was an indictment on what Mr. Davis couldn’t get right after 86-87.

Latest posts