Hawkeyes - Cornhuskers B1G Championship Game Thread

I texted my buddies the same thing at the time and then realized later it wasn't a mistake.

I believe Iowa was out of timeouts. If you take Stuelke out and go all small, and Iowa misses the free throw, then Nebraska just dumps it inside for a huge mismatch and a quick 2. And then it is a 2 point game. Or worse, because there is a decent chance a guard flails on the mismatch and Nebraska gets the and one.

Maybe more importantly, I think Stuelke was 8-8 combined from the line in the two previous games. It wasn't like sending Shaq up there.

It's surprising that maybe Bluder was a step ahead of us.
Aren't you able to sub between the 2 ft shots? Womens game doesn't have the 1 and 1 thing like Mens so if say you put a sub at the table while they take the 1st shot wouldn't they bring subs in then before the 2nd one? If I'm wrong about that then yeah you're right that would certainly be the risk in doing what I suggested.

I get what you're saying about Stuelke having been shooting well previously but.... She's probably the worst shooter amongst the gals that play the most and she hadn't ever been in that spot before. I for one wasn't confident in her taking those. I'm just glad it didn't matter. She totally redeemed herself by getting that offensive rebound and making the 2 FTs after that. It's always nice to nitpick over things when the outcome was in your favor.

Unlike the outcome of the TN South Carolina game with TN not guarding that Kamilla gal and just letting her catch and shoot that wide open 3 to beat them. That's a huge coaching mistake no if ands or butts about that.

I was yelling at the tv the second I saw her cut out right to the inbounder. It almost looked like the play was designed to get her the ball. And Clark barley even moved.

Clark also went out of her way to inbound the ball on one of the plays. The one where Martin shot the free throws. I wonder what was going through Clark's head when she did that. Was she wanting Martin to be the one to shoot them or was she wanting to be the one to pass it in out of fear of a turnover?
Yeah The timing seemed off for when they started the play. Clark was just starting to break free to the right but they had already passed it into Stuelke who was wide open right in front of her. Clearly we did what Nebraska wanted to on it.

And that was weird that Clark inbounded that cause like you I wouldn't think that woulda been the plan. The other gals had ran down court so maybe she was afraid the 5 second clock had started by the refs and didn't want to risk a TO and just go. It's easy to get rushed in that sort of spot. I'm totally fine with Martin shooting those FTs even though she missed the one and Stuelke rebounded it and the rest is history.

Awesome to see that.
ySjwHKB.jpg

Yeah The timing seemed off for when they started the play. Clark was just starting to break free to the right but they had already passed it into Stuelke who was wide open right in front of her. Clearly we did what Nebraska wanted to on it.

And that was weird that Clark inbounded that cause like you I wouldn't think that woulda been the plan. The other gals had ran down court so maybe she was afraid the 5 second clock had started by the refs and didn't want to risk a TO and just go. It's easy to get rushed in that sort of spot. I'm totally fine with Martin shooting those FTs even though she missed the one and Stuelke rebounded it and the rest is history.

The Huskers were guarding the Hawks quite closely

Awesome to see that.
ySjwHKB.jpg
I know Clark is obviously a major reason for what's happening with the women's game right now. But I think another big part of it is the timing with people getting fed up with the men's game with both NIL and people leaving early.

If the women's game was like the men's game, we'd have hardly known Clark. She would have been in the WNBA after her freshman year. The entire country had four full years to get invested in watching her. You just don't have that with the men's game. Now the best players leave every year to cash a check. I'm not saying I blame them or it's wrong. I'm just saying it kills a lot of the joy of watching.

Trev Alberts the AD for Nebraska heading to Texas A&M. Guess he didn't want to handle the scoggins issue. ;) Nebraska is saying it's not a done deal yet.