Purple Kats Game Thread

I really hope we win and end up the 6 seed. Great chance for a good run if nebraska is the 3 seed.

Great, gutsy win --- even tho the Cats were undermanned. Sandfort at the FT line is MONEY. Man, the 3s were really dropping for the Hawks in the 1st half; and if Freeman and Krikke would be more assertive in positioning under the basket and demand the ball, this team could be REAL dangerous.
One of the first stressful, end-of-game scenarios I can remember when Iowa actually didn't settle for jump shots. PMac's trey was epic.
Bring on the Illini!

Great, gutsy win --- even tho the Cats were undermanned. Sandfort at the FT line is MONEY. Man, the 3s were really dropping for the Hawks in the 1st half; and if Freeman and Krikke would be more assertive in positioning under the basket and demand the ball, this team could be REAL dangerous.
One of the first stressful, end-of-game scenarios I can remember when Iowa actually didn't settle for jump shots. PMac's trey was epic.
Bring on the Illini!
Most complete team win of the season-considering how tough a place that has been to play. Not a bad time to be playing the best basketball of the season.

Late in the game I was screaming for them to get the ball inside. After a foolish turnover they finally did.

This game reminded me of the Indiana game from about five weeks ago. They didn't know how to finish that night. This time they did. This team is growing up before our eyes.

Dix’s midrange game is sick. That step back 15 footer is just money.
If it's the shot I think you're talking about that was all onions and ice water in the veins.

There aren't 20 players in the country who make that shot in that situation.

We still have a punchers chance at a double bye! Wisconsin finishes at Purdue-not easy. Nebraska seems to have an easy road however.
I saw that. Need nebraska to lose at home against Rutgers and Northwestern to lose at home against Minnesota. Other than that, everything else is fairly likely.

Bring on the Illini!
Best thing about the PMac dagger was that it came in the same building we were absolutely blown to smithereens in last year and the student chants were downright vicious toward Fran and Patrick. Mac got a nice measure of revenge yesterday.

I said this a week or so ago. I've been watching Iowa men's basketball, since the Ronnie Lester era and this may be the best free throw shooting Iowa team I've seen in that time. Reminds me of Scott Skiles or Steve Alford era Michigan State/Indiana teams from days of yesteryear where if you had to put them on the line late you were in deep trouble.

Latest posts