On3 High on Iowa '24 recruit Chris Tadjo

I think this is why Fran is staying. The '25/'26 team is going to be likely his most talented.
I truly think Harding is going to be the best point guard Fran has had. Possibly even the best point guard in the Big 10. Freeman might very well be the best post player in the Big 10. If these 2 guys coming in are really going to be that good, and if Pryce ends up like his brother, that's a legit Big 10 title contender. That's obviously a lot of its and still a couple years out.

Didn't know he was this athletic. He reminds of Chris Weber. With Koch coming in and maybe a portal guard, this could be a team that rivals the women in excitement. If Fran can keep this nucleus of the Sandforts, Perkins for a senior year, and Freeman/Brock, I generally think we have a potential sweet 16 team. Wish we had him this year. Bowen has had the opportunity to compete, time to look for a new team, he really is just a wing without an outside shot. Fran needs to play him at small forward to just see what he can do without the demands of PG. Might have something on the press. Patrick is given the point of the press but has never really succeeded there at forcing T/O's. Brock on the break with Freeman and Chris will end up on BTN highlights on a regular basis.

I am a big fan of what Dix brings to the table at the point. He is a match-up problem at the point, somewhat like Marble was. He is a capable shooter from the outside and he has an excellent ability to drive to the hoop and get a midrange shot off. He is a good enough defender given his length on smaller guards. I like both Dix and Brock at the PG moving forward. They both bring very different things to the position.

I am a big fan of what Dix brings to the table at the point. He is a match-up problem at the point, somewhat like Marble was. He is a capable shooter from the outside and he has an excellent ability to drive to the hoop and get a midrange shot off. He is a good enough defender given his length on smaller guards. I like both Dix and Brock at the PG moving forward. They both bring very different things to the position.
Yup

IYO is Brock back next year?
Why wouldn't he be?

If this is about NIL, well, I can't speak to that craziness and I doubt others can either. I sure did not see such amazing court time that a big boy would pay him to leave.

If you are asking whether he played well enough to be retained? God yes.

If you are asking whether he wants to leave for greener pastures? Well, he came to Iowa with one of his best friends, got a decent amount of PT as a true frosh, and will be in the mix for more minutes next season.

So, I can't think of why the question was asked, but yes, he should be at Iowa next year.

Why wouldn't he be?

If this is about NIL, well, I can't speak to that craziness and I doubt others can either. I sure did not see such amazing court time that a big boy would pay him to leave.

If you are asking whether he wants to leave for greener pastures? Well, he came to Iowa with one of his best friends, got a decent amount of PT as a true frosh, and will be in the mix for more minutes next season.

So, I can't think of why the question was asked, but yes, he should be at Iowa next year.
And he's playing an hour from home.

I truly think Harding is going to be the best point guard Fran has had. Possibly even the best point guard in the Big 10. Freeman might very well be the best post player in the Big 10. If these 2 guys coming in are really going to be that good, and if Pryce ends up like his brother, that's a legit Big 10 title contender. That's obviously a lot of its and still a couple years out.
I think he's skilled enough. Once he's more confident and comfortable with taking the shots he can get I think he'll settle in. His court vision handle and passing are damn near elite already. Can he hold up defensively though? I feel like he'll get abused like JBo did at times. We'll have to hide him playing zone now and then which is fine I suppose. But kid has a bright future there's no doubt about it.

Why wouldn't he be?

Iowa was by far his highest level offer, the others were mostly Valley and MAC schools.

I think he's skilled enough. Once he's more confident and comfortable with taking the shots he can get I think he'll settle in. His court vision handle and passing are damn near elite already. Can he hold up defensively though? I feel like he'll get abused like JBo did at times. We'll have to hide him playing zone now and then which is fine I suppose. But kid has a bright future there's no doubt about it.
Watching him play defense I'd say he's damn near on the good side already. He fights through screens really well, he's quick as hell, he plays with effort, he communicates with his teammates, his head is constantly on a swivel.

On the offensive end he shot really bad for most of the year. But lately he's shooting pretty well. You can see the confidence he has in himself. If Perkins leaves, I think Harding will fill in really well. Also it sure seemed like the writing was on the wall for Bowen since he doesn't even play anymore. But it turns out he's hurt and done for the year. There's a pretty good chance he comes back if Perkins doesn't. I highly doubt we have both next year.

Iowa was by far his highest level offer, the others were mostly Valley and MAC schools.
He blew up big time after he committed to Iowa tho. Lead a non Chicago team to a championship which is unheard of. Won Mr Basketball which is unheard of from someone not in Chicago. Was the best player on his team even tho he was teammates with Freeman who is going to win freshman of the year. It's basically the same situation as Tyler Ulis, except Ulis didn't commit so early so blue bloods started noticing him.

Watching him play defense I'd say he's damn near on the good side already. He fights through screens really well, he's quick as hell, he plays with effort, he communicates with his teammates, his head is constantly on a swivel.

On the offensive end he shot really bad for most of the year. But lately he's shooting pretty well. You can see the confidence he has in himself. If Perkins leaves, I think Harding will fill in really well. Also it sure seemed like the writing was on the wall for Bowen since he doesn't even play anymore. But it turns out he's hurt and done for the year. There's a pretty good chance he comes back if Perkins doesn't. I highly doubt we have both next year.
Yeah for whatever reasons Hardings shot hasn't been that great but he's plenty capable. I think that just comes with him having played sporadic mins. I'm not too worried about his shot he could score big time in HS and I think he'll be just fine once he plays a more significant role.

Oh yeah if TP comes back Bowen for sure wouldn't be. But I could see Bowen leave regardless. It just feels like he's fallen out of favor. Maybe his knee has been bugging him longer then we know and that's a big reason he hasn't played much. Hard to say that seemed to be have been on the down low. But either way if he wants to find significant mins he may want to look for somewhere else to play.

I know there is a lot of love out there for Harding, personally I am in wait and see mode with him. I need to see what the jump from year 1 to year 2 looks like before I am all in. I’m not opposed to Fran grabbing someone out of the portal or even juco. Someone like Bryce Cartwright would fit in well with next year’s team even if Perk returns.

IMO, Dix and Perk are not full-time point guards. You have to play Perk there out of necessity and I do not like Dix there at all. I rather have Dix hunting for shots than initiating offense. Even if Perk returns his best spot is the 2 where he can spend most of the game on offense coming down hill.

Yeah for whatever reasons Hardings shot hasn't been that great but he's plenty capable. I think that just comes with him having played sporadic mins. I'm not too worried about his shot he could score big time in HS and I think he'll be just fine once he plays a more significant role.

Oh yeah if TP comes back Bowen for sure wouldn't be. But I could see Bowen leave regardless. It just feels like he's fallen out of favor. Maybe his knee has been bugging him longer then we know and that's a big reason he hasn't played much. Hard to say that seemed to be have been on the down low. But either way if he wants to find significant mins he may want to look for somewhere else to play.
If either doesn't return Iowa will be thin at guard and if both leave they're down to only Dix and Harding for scholarship guards. I hope Fran is looking at the portal.

Latest posts