QB recruiting

Ya gotta have more speed and acceleration than Deacon Hill, though!!

The player is coming out of a 3 way stance, accelerating than having to get his pads low before contact. C'mon guys. Fullbacks have a few passing routes to do as well. I know we are just playing but this is laughable. You really see Deacon Hill doing that?
I don't know if folks have noticed but even BF last yr didn't use the FB much. I'm doubting Lester will either. So for whatever small package of plays a FB would ever play any given week I could think he might. Especially if it's short yardage and it's just about plowing forward for a yard. Ain't nobody going to try using the guy like the 49ers do theirs in the passing game. It'd be a really really small usage rate for the guy and position as a whole anyway.

Ya gotta have more speed and acceleration than Deacon Hill, though!!

The player is coming out of a 3 way stance, accelerating than having to get his pads low before contact. C'mon guys. Fullbacks have a few passing routes to do as well. I know we are just playing but this is laughable. You really see Deacon Hill doing that?
Fullback isn't just a position, it's a willingness to destroy your body. It's a state of mind to pave a path for the RB and pick up blocks. It's taking scalps and sacrificing your body for your teammates who get all the glory. It's lots of concussions and treatments, doubt most people have the will to do that.

Straight up that's the only way I'd be cool with Hill staying on the roster... I'm almost positive he's not leaving cause where's he gonna go? Iowa can't yank his scholly I don't think. So put him at FB and see if he's got any shot at all at doing that and if they can sneak in a trick play or two with him then hell yes. But beyond that I don't want him in top 3 on the depth chart for QB. We can't have that again
Iowa can’t yank his scholarship? I’m certainly not condoning it, including here, but this goes on at the D1 level in every scholarship sport. It’s an epidemic. Ferentz may not make a practice of it, but other sports do…including at Iowa. And other programs across the country do it in football on a routine basis

Iowa can’t yank his scholarship? I’m certainly not condoning it, including here, but this goes on at the D1 level in every scholarship sport. It’s an epidemic. Ferentz may not make a practice of it, but other sports do…including at Iowa. And other programs across the country do it in football on a routine basis
They aren't going to yank his scholarship unless a player does something against the program policy, like a crime or something bad. They just aren't. It's not a good look and would be a horrible precedent for trying to get future recruits.

Just think about the message saying to a young man, come to Iowa and if you produce you can keep your scholarship. If you don't there is a chance we will rescind it. Nah.

They aren't going to yank his scholarship unless a player does something against the program policy, like a crime or something bad. They just aren't. It's not a good look and would be a horrible precedent for trying to get future recruits.

Just think about the message saying to a young man, come to Iowa and if you produce you can keep your scholarship. If you don't there is a chance we will rescind it. Nah.
You are incredibly naive. This happens daily if FBS football. As mentioned, it’s rampant in college baseball and even basketball. I’m not a fan of the practice and I’m not saying Ferentz does much of it and I’m certainly not condoning it here, but it most certainly happens. A lot

You are incredibly naive. This happens daily if FBS football. As mentioned, it’s rampant in college baseball and even basketball. I’m not a fan of the practice and I’m not saying Ferentz does much of it and I’m certainly not condoning it here, but it most certainly happens. A lot
Well, I suppose if you include those "have a talk" at the end season with certain players you are correct. Those happen. I'm saying they are just not gunna go to a player and say we're taking your scholly away because you can't produce and you had 18 turnovers. They might have the talk about this may not be the place for you or you are buried on the depth chart and may entertain them transferring to another school for who is willing to give a scholarship. Yea, those happen I guess but the player is not having their scholly just yanked from them unless they do something real bad.

I hope they go out and get a QB with game experience after spring. My guess is 90% that Cade won't beable to play 12 games.

I hope they go out and get a QB with game experience after spring. My guess is 90% that Cade won't beable to play 12 games.

It would take a miracle for even a highly durable quarterback to make it a season in Lester's nonsensical system.

No it isn't. Lester hasn't scored a point or won a game at Iowa and his system, which is ineffective, will almost certainly get Cade hurt.

I'm just trying to help you keep your eyes on the prize. The thread isn't going to get to 500 pages if you keep wasting your comments on other threads.

Well they won't. Yes they could probably push him out if they really really wanted to like some other programs do. And frankly with how Iowas schollarship count looks if he doesn't leave on his own after spring ball they almost should. But they won't it's not how KF does things. There's a better chance he takes all the #1 reps in spring ball then Iowa forcing him to leave. As sad as that is....

I hope I'm wrong about him taking #1 reps in spring. What a waste that would be. I'd rather Resar get some then Hill if Lainez can't for some reason.

Well they won't. Yes they could probably push him out if they really really wanted to like some other programs do. And frankly with how Iowas schollarship count looks if he doesn't leave on his own after spring ball they almost should. But they won't it's not how KF does things. There's a better chance he takes all the #1 reps in spring ball then Iowa forcing him to leave. As sad as that is....

I hope I'm wrong about him taking #1 reps in spring. What a waste that would be. I'd rather Resar get some then Hill if Lainez can't for some reason.
Agree with your assessment. My only point was refuting the point from the other poster that it doesn’t happen. It absolutely does including on this campus. It’s rampant in baseball including at iowa. And at many places, it’s rampant in both major sports

Doesn't make it good. Happy to see Iowa takes the more honorable path.

Latest posts