Washington 2024 schedule

Zstatman

Now that the Huskies have made a splash by making the title game, just for S&Gs (shits and giggles) I decided to take a peek at their schedule for next year when they come into the B1G. It feels like it will be a good test for them.

In non-conference they play in-state rival Washington St, which will likely become just like our annual game with the Clones.

They come to Iowa City on Oct 12 which one might forecast to be a night game at Kinnick. That would be an interesting game, I hope.

The week before us they play Michigan in Seattle in a re-match of the title game. I'm sure no matter who wins the title this game will be really hyped. Maybe the next week they have a letdown? At least we can ope.

Several weeks after they come to Iowa City, the Huskies travel to Happy Valley, always a good B1G test. Penn St will be a good conference test and, maybe, they get their first take at some good fall weather which they don't normally play in.

They also play the other 3 Pac 12 teams coming into the conference. Oregon will be out to avenge their 2 losses this year.

Those are the big ones. They play Northwestern and Indiana and, off the top of my head, that's all I remember for this post. They also play the other 3 Pac 12 teams coming into the conference so Oregon will be out to avenge their 2 losses this year.

I remember when Nebraska came into the B1G, all my Nebby friends thought they were just going to run the table. Will the Husky faithful be the same way? Maybe so. Somehow, I don't see them running the table.

Finally, I still say it would be great fun to tailgate on a yacht next to the stadium but, nah, it's not going to happen in my lifetime.

Even though the Huskies didn't win the natty I'm sure their first year in the B1G will be interesting.

I'm sure when they come to Iowa City in October, the game will get a lot of hype.

I didn't realize until the pregame yesterday that the Huskies coach is from Sioux Falls, SD, played and coached football there and had good success. Recently he was an assistant at Indiana, so he already has B1G experience. The Huskies will be ready come 2024.

That's just stupid imo. They have to go from Seattle to New Jersey then back to Seattle to play Michigan only to travel back east to Iowa City the next week. Not to mention the Apple Cup is week 3 instead of the traditional end of the season. Of course we go from Iowa City to Los Angeles then to Maryland and then back to IA City :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nick Saban retires so Bama goes and hires the Washington coach, DeBoer. Then Washington goes and and hires the Arizona coach Jeff Fisch.

Fisch did a great job resurrecting the Arozona prograjm, really thumped some teams this year, even Oklahoma in the bowl game. But that's who we'll see this October.

Last edited:
I was thinking even before the head coach left that there might be a TCU-like drop-off in Washington.

2023 Washington and 2022 TCU are teams with a good offense that way over performed and won some close games and made it all the way to the NCG. TCU came back to reality in 2023 compared to it's magical 2022 season. Even with its old coach around, it was going to be tough for Washington. Now they lost their coach too.

And I also believe that Big Ten defenses were not given enough credit in 2023. Washington is going to find out what real defense is in 2024.

You may be right about the return to normal for Washington. They did have a magical year.

But I would add this. Washington is a very wealthy university, Seattle with all the corporate HQs of very large companies is a wealthy area. If the new game in college athletics is money talks and BS walks, Washington will be a player in the B1G.

The new UW coach made an interesting hire for defensive coordinator. Steve Belichick, son of retired Patriots coach Bill Belichick, is the guy. I don't remember this but Steve played for Rutgers, so he has a B1G background. He most recently has been an assistant for the Patriots. He looks like a DC.

We'll see how he's doing come October in Kinnick...........

Yeah, well. It is a world where familiar, well known qualifiers are often selected, might just be the logical choices. Kind of reminds me of legacy athletes.

I just don't see how good things can happen to Washington in 2024. Not only did they somehow end up with a road schedule of games to Autzen, Happy Valley, and Kinnick, but now they are down to 4 starters returning. Their schedule is just brutal with so many new faces. I know Jedd Fisch did a heck of a job last year with a lot of transfers, but that is going to be one hard season.

Personally, I hope Washington, Oregon, USC, and UCLA get the same warm welcome to B1G football that Nebraska did.

They all need to be ready to lace it up every single week. Should be fun...........

Think I saw a way too early prediction for B1G football. Washington was .500 and they had them losing at Iowa.

That's just stupid imo. They have to go from Seattle to New Jersey then back to Seattle to play Michigan only to travel back east to Iowa City the next week. Not to mention the Apple Cup is week 3 instead of the traditional end of the season. Of course we go from Iowa City to Los Angeles then to Maryland and then back to IA City :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Welcome to the BIG 10 boys.

Jedd Fisch. What an interesting coaching path. Seriously, what coach ends up coaching in college and the NFL who NEVER played football in HS or college. That can't happen too often at all if ever, IMO.

Weird but interesting.

Found this on the internet
Some of the most successful college football coaches who never played the game themselves include Sonny Dykes, Dave Aranda, David Cutcliffe, and Mike Leach, among others.

Found this on the internet
Some of the most successful college football coaches who never played the game themselves include Sonny Dykes, Dave Aranda, David Cutcliffe, and Mike Leach, among others.
All of those guys played at least 4 years of high school football. Leach, Cutcliffe, and Aranda quit because of injuries, and Leach I know was recruited by BYU and had an offer before he broke his ankle and ended up not playing. I get that it’s not college playing experience but saying they never played the game at all is a little bit of a stretch.

The only higher level coach I’ve ever heard of who truly never played his sport at any level whatsoever is Dick Pitino Jr. He’s been on record several times saying he’s never so much as played a pickup or grade school game of basketball. Everything he learned came from working at his dad’s practices and eventually helping out with coaching.

No doubt that sucks balls.... But they had to know damn well that if you're joining the BIG that there wasn't going to be a good 'fair' way of doing it. So players and coaches take heed and consider that before you go to Washington to begin with now. If that is a factor and matters at all to you then don't be surprised. WA, OR and the CA schools are going to spend a lot of time in airplanes. They just are

Latest posts