That was the longest last minute I can remember right now

This is what this team is capable of and we have seen it quite a few times

Amazing record, all things considered, 5/6

Not too shabby, Lads

Josh Dix and MrT Perkins led the way

Outstanding team record

Just finished watching it on DVR

:cool:

Iowa got 14 points from the bench and 8 rebounds. PM had 1 fg and 8 FT pts for 10 of the 14 pts. Dembelle had 6 rebounds. Iowa really does not have a 6th man to come off the bench. Fortunately OSU's bench wasn't any better tonight.

Dix, Sandfort,and Perkins have to play more minutes.

Iowa got 14 points from the bench and 8 rebounds. PM had 1 fg and 8 FT pts for 10 of the 14 pts. Dembelle had 6 rebounds. Iowa really does not have a 6th man to come off the bench. Fortunately OSU's bench wasn't any better tonight.

Dix, Sandfort,and Perkins have to play more minutes.
TP and Py played 33 minutes and 37 minutes tonight. Josh played 28 minutes. I agree, Dix could see another 5 minutes. I'd move Krikke to the bench and either go smaller with Dasonte or go larger and start Ladji. Krikke can fill either position (OF/LD)

Don’t ask me why, but I am paying attention to the NIT. Doing the homework, the NIT committee will take the two schools, with the highest NET ranking, that didn’t make the NCAA tournament from each of the big six conference schools.

Last edited:
Don’t ask me why, but I am paying attention to the NIT. Doing the homework, the NIT committee will take the two schools, with the highest NET ranking, that didn’t make the NCAA tournament of the big six conference schools.
Why not? I want the Hawks to go to the big dance. They still have a shot. But, if they end up in the NIT, I will praise their success and cheer them on. We have 4 freshmen on the floor IN THE BT at times! One of those freshmen has been frosh player of the week 7 f…. Times. I have not confirmed this, but I think Patrick and Tony could get a Covid year in 2025. Josh Dix is kicking ass. We have a couple of young point guards who are lightening fast and will learn to finish. Have you watched them play D? Payton is a junior. His brother will break out. Ladji will eventually break somebody’s jaw, resulting in fear among his opponents. I have season tickets and have been at every game. HN geniuses don’t even watch them in person and just have no clue. It is indeed sad that they don’t know what they are missing. But we know most are trolls who know zero about the game. Oh well.

If Perkins decided to come back next year, we could contend for a regular season big 10 title. Part of that has to do with the rest of the league. We are only 1 game out of 4th place right now and we're dome playing Purdue. Lots of possible wins left. We really need to rebound better tho.

If Perkins decided to come back next year, we could contend for a regular season big 10 title. Part of that has to do with the rest of the league. We are only 1 game out of 4th place right now and we're dome playing Purdue. Lots of possible wins left. We really need to rebound better tho.

It was a talking point this week about the NIL(collective) coming up with enough money for him to want to stick around. I said this before, he is a really nice piece to add if you are looking for a scoring 2 guard or even a shoot first point guard. He is going to have a lot of suitors for his services at the end-of-the year.

Fran and Perk seem to have a pretty good relationship and the only reason why I bring this up is that I am not 100% convinced Fran is coming back next year. Obviously, he will not be fired, but he and Pmac both look really tired. Jack is back for his Senior season of high school and Fran comes back for one more year…so who knows. Clearly, this is pure speculation on my part and I do not have any evidence of the contrary.

Why not? I want the Hawks to go to the big dance. They still have a shot. But, if they end up in the NIT, I will praise their success and cheer them on. We have 4 freshmen on the floor IN THE BT at times! One of those freshmen has been frosh player of the week 7 f…. Times. I have not confirmed this, but I think Patrick and Tony could get a Covid year in 2025. Josh Dix is kicking ass. We have a couple of young point guards who are lightening fast and will learn to finish. Have you watched them play D? Payton is a junior. His brother will break out. Ladji will eventually break somebody’s jaw, resulting in fear among his opponents. I have season tickets and have been at every game. HN geniuses don’t even watch them in person and just have no clue. It is indeed sad that they don’t know what they are missing. But we know most are trolls who know zero about the game. Oh well.

They have zero Quad1 victories at the moment and it is really hard to see them collecting 2 or 3 at the end of the year. Especially, if that third person doesn’t consistently emerge out of Dix, Krikke or Pmac. Gut feeling tells me they are hosting an opening round game against UNI or Drake in the NIT. Obviously, my gut feeling just means I am eating bad food.

Was at the game - Surprised at the weak attendance for a good start time on a nice Friday night. Barely (any??) students outside of the players, cheerleaders and band. Announced at just under 10,000 but I question that how sparse it was. None the less, plenty of cheering and noise when needed and had a good time.

As mentioned - tactical finish ... I commented to some around me that I don't think I've ever seen Fran intentionally foul with a 3-point lead to ensure final possession. This long-overdue, no-brainer strategy was greatly appreciated to secure the W.

As for NCAA - it's just not going to happen. Hawks won this game, which they should've. It was 1 of 3 toss-up games left and they took care of business. That said, they still have to get 5-6 more wins + go at least 1-1 in the BTT to maybe get a play-in spot. Tell me with a straight face where they are:
Illannoy twice= 2 L's. At Mich St= L. Most likely an L at NwU and Home vs Wisc.
At Penn St? Based on history, I have to lean L
At Maryland? I have to lean L
I only see Minny and Penn St at home as likely W's.
It's just too steep of an uphill chance for me to buy into.

However, agree with Huck ... I will watch and cheer for them to advance in the NIT! Would do wonders for a young, inconsistent team to get Freeman - Harding some valuable post-season play and build toward a breakout 2024-25 season.

Perkins has a year left?

Latest posts