Anybody Have An Extra $9,800 Lying Around?

MelroseHawkins

This is the price of the average SuperBowl which is the most expensive ever, up 70% from even last year. Just ticket and doesn't count travel, lodging and meals.

Anybody ever gone to the SuperBowl? Thoughts on experience?

I am actually gonna be in Vegas next week for a conference, and I thought about staying through and going to the game as I am a Chiefs fan, but I have family stuff that weekend I cannot get out of. I hear that the ticket prices start out insane, but you can usually find good bargains a day or two before. Now is the worst time to buy. These teams have both been to the dance several times, so I bet you see an article the day before talking about huge price drops. Never been. Would love to, but not for 10k

I haven’t watched a Super Bowl in probably a decade or better. If any of you schleps are really going to watch 4 hours of Taylor Fist jumping up and down in a store every time Travis Felcher catches a pass I feel sorry for ya.

I’m sure R. Kelly’s halftime show will be awesome though.

Not into the NFL so much anymore. My bears did it in 1985. What a fun team to watch that year. The monster defense of the bears destroyed everyone but Miami in a regular season game. Word on the street back then was that Miami wanted to maintain their only undefeated team status all the way to the Super Bowl. Miami wasn’t even good but they upset the bears somehow. I guess money can buy anything can’t it??? That was the only loss for the bears that year. They destroyed everyone and the Super Bowl wasn’t even a contest.

Here we are in 2024 and it’s been almost 39 years since the bears won a Super Bowl. That’s ridiculous for any fan base to have to wait that long for another championship. Not me! I don’t know even one player on the bears roster. Sure I will always cherish and remember that 1985 team. I was a die hard bear fan most of my life. However if the owners are only going to trade off their best players for money then eff them. I am not wasting my time supporting them by buying anything with bears written on it. Finally got tired of the bullshit. Yet their fans pack their stadium even in bitter windchill temperatures. Not a real bright bunch.

Having said that…………. how bout them Hawkeyes!!!!! Yeah I think my dad told me it was the year I was born “1960”. Don’t bother I will do the math for you “sixty-four years”. And we worried about who the new offensive coordinator would be?

I haven’t watched a Super Bowl in probably a decade or better. If any of you schleps are really going to watch 4 hours of Taylor Fist jumping up and down in a store every time Travis Felcher catches a pass I feel sorry for ya.

I’m sure R. Kelly’s halftime show will be awesome though.
Yeah but the commercials! I'll take a large dose of rat poison every time I hear someone say that in the next 2 weeks. They try way too hard. So much so, that when the commercial is over, you have no idea what company was being advertised.

I am right there with you. I record it and start watching it around 7:00 or 7:30 and fast forward through all of the extra crap.

I really love it the next day when dipshits that have never seen a football game try to talk to me about it. I'm not one to hold back and tell them what dipshit they are when it comes to football. I use "big words" that don't remotely fit the context I'm using them just to mess with them with hopes that they repeat what I said to someone else.

You'd have to pay me almost that much to go. And I love football. I think to do that once as a bucket list thing would be fun. But I'm not putting a downpayment on a house (or car nowadays) kind of $ into it. There's just no way. I just wonder if most of those people going are all wealthy and it's a drop in the bucket for them to do or how many of them are 'normal' folks.

My problem is that even with all the hype of the game the viewing experience on TV is far superior to many of the seats at the game. I am in the camp of allowing some time and then fast forwarding thru the garbage. I expect the game to be a good one. Two well-coached and talented teams and two stars who played college in Iowa. Plus you have McCaffrey who tore us up in the Rose Bowl.

You'd have to pay me almost that much to go. And I love football. I think to do that once as a bucket list thing would be fun. But I'm not putting a downpayment on a house (or car nowadays) kind of $ into it. There's just no way. I just wonder if most of those people going are all wealthy and it's a drop in the bucket for them to do or how many of them are 'normal' folks.
Hell, most people can't even really afford to take a family to a regular NFL game anymore.

Latest posts