My Thoughts on the Proctor Story

Iowa has a proven NIL engine (read Caitlin) and that must be considered in addition to the football program's track record of producing first round o-line picks.

Agree. Iowa has a lot going for it. I do hope he plays here if he feels its best for he and his family. As I wrote, it would be a great story.

I hear Ohio State in pursuing him with great interest. However the same source pushing that rumor are saying he prefers to come home.

A thousands rumors but we shall see it this rumor is true. Would be a great catch and a good beginning for the next OC to work with.

Rob I also agree about the way some of the fans have been in their criticism of certain players, more particularly, Hill. I have openly said that in a recent comment.

Coaches on the other hand are grown men and need to face criticism when warranted. Even so I think it’s time to move on for everyone in their criticism of Brian. Myself included. What's done is done. He was one hell of a good player when he wore the Iowa uniform and Iowa fans need to accept and show appreciation for the good be did as a former player. He’s a Hawkeye, black and gold, through and through.

Another good write up on this subject Rob.

Last edited:
I don't mind criticism/critique of student-athletes when analyzing their performance on the field. That doesn't mean "So and so sucks" but actually being knowledgable about the sport and critiquing performance.

The stuff on social media with Proctor was ugly. Some people made fun of his mother's appearance.

But, we have people holding and/pr running for public office that do the same thing. It seems to become more acceptable in our culture as the days pass. It sucks.

I was about to ask a question, then decided to read the f*ing article. And you answered it. Thank you.

Maybe if they hire Tommy Rees, he'll come out and say Iowa.

The more I think about this the more I like Iowa's chances (I know, kiss of death). So, he was not in the portal originally, and then Saban retires and they have a new coach and then he enters the portal without seemingly giving the new coach a chance to recruit him to stay? Why would he do that unless he already knew where he wanted to transfer to? I saw a story that OSU and other big wigs are going to make a play for him. If he wanted to go play for a totally different blue blood, why not at least give the new Bama coach a shot? Its not like Bama is going 4-8 next year. By a number of accounts, the kid wasn't in love with Alabama as a place to live. What would make him think that Ohio or Cali or Florida would be any better?

Maybe he wants another payday and will go to the highest bidder, but damn, classes have already started up in a lot of places. Not a lot of time to play Name Your Price. Betting money sure feels like Iowa.

I hope he goes to Iowa. It's also in his best interest to get several schools involved, including blue bloods who think they might have a shot to lure him away from the hometown team. Similar to the leverage the head coach and assistants have used over the year to help their situations - just good business practices.

The more I think about this the more I like Iowa's chances (I know, kiss of death). So, he was not in the portal originally, and then Saban retires and they have a new coach and then he enters the portal without seemingly giving the new coach a chance to recruit him to stay? Why would he do that unless he already knew where he wanted to transfer to? I saw a story that OSU and other big wigs are going to make a play for him. If he wanted to go play for a totally different blue blood, why not at least give the new Bama coach a shot? Its not like Bama is going 4-8 next year. By a number of accounts, the kid wasn't in love with Alabama as a place to live. What would make him think that Ohio or Cali or Florida would be any better?

Maybe he wants another payday and will go to the highest bidder, but damn, classes have already started up in a lot of places. Not a lot of time to play Name Your Price. Betting money sure feels like Iowa.

I think being a bit home sick might be playing into this as well, as well as his GF is at Creighton. I think he's pretty tight with his family and friends such as XN. Maybe it just turns out he want to follow Reese to Iowa and for some reason all the planets just align in this situation. As you point out, he has his chances at Ohio St and many others. I understand that he's pretty adamant about coming back to Iowa. Maybe he shunning all other offers because of Reese coming as well!? That would be quite a story.

This would be the best of all outcomes possible.

He also was a QB and Notre Dame. Iowa badly needs that QB background for better development. Also, Saban and Alabama pretty much has always had a similar philosophy to Ferentz as far as how to play the game, they just had better players at the WR and QB positions. This may interest Ferentz as he's hell bent on complimentary football with ball control and TOP.

I wonder if Alabama still has two separate bathrooms. Drinking fountains? Can he vote there?

Lol. Reminded me of this Eddie Murphy SNL skit.

Latest posts