Pat’s a scratch tonight again! IA at the Gophs

No knock on him but it seems that the ball moves around quicker on offense, At least that seemed true last season. Like I said this is the first game I have watched this year.
He can be a black hole when he gets the ball.....Pat seems to be at his best in transition for the most part.

The starting lineup tonight should be the starting lineup from here on out. If Dix didn't win the starting job after the last two games then Fran is creating a problem for himself. Things like sprained a sprained ankle opened the door for Dix. In terms of power rating this team moved up to the middle of the pack in the conference. Two of the three losses were to teams at the top of the conference standings. This is a much different team since 1-1-24.

Iowa has 5 scoring threats with tonight's starting five. Tonight they had Minnesota on their heels trying to guard the perimeter and keep Iowa from scoring in the paint.

This particular team is better without him. He is not really a cog that fits in and helps make it run smoother. More he doesn't really mesh as well. The kids can use his minutes to improve. Why not be an even better team a bit sooner instead of slower. Fran has a tough time with the line ups a bit too far into conference play. Sometimes when you are forced to do something it works but you need to realize and ride it home. Bring Dembele along more and continue in this direction with very sparing minutes for Patrick.

Learn the lessons as well they are right there. Nebraska got back in it because of bad Iowa shot selection. They probably should not have had a lead in the second half. Minny jumped out and made that same mistake shooting from deep and let us get right back in. Higher % shots more points in the paint less one and done possessions. Don't live and die with the 3....shoot 23% from 3 but fine cause it was only 13 attempts. 37 boards 56 points in the paint. So they still shot 54% even going 3-13 from deep.

Lute taught this religiously. He wanted to see most points scored in the paint as the percentages were much higher that the shots would fall at a higher percentage.

Pretty good job tonight. Iowa wins and the outcome seemed teased throughout the game. Iowa is a very good handling. Now we've got some point guards that can get the ball inside.

GO HAWKS!

Long time defender of Pat. I can't anymore just because there are better options to give 26 minutes a game to on this team. Too many minutes to end every game with less than 4 rebounds and under 10 points. Not when we have guys that can produce more. As much as Connor was all about the little intangible things that don't show up in the stat sheet and him being a coach out on the floor and a calming pressence the team needed. Pat has NONE of that, and he also doesn't bring anything to the production part of things for this team from both offensive and defensive game. He should still play, I'd just play him way less. That's just my opinion and as most already know, I'm typically pretty fair to our players and staff.

I think Pat would be a great high energy player for 12 minutes per game. Thinking about his game in that role is way better than thinking about him coasting through 25 minutes as a starter.

Long time defender of Pat. I can't anymore just because there are better options to give 26 minutes a game to on this team. Too many minutes to end every game with less than 4 rebounds and under 10 points. Not when we have guys that can produce more. As much as Connor was all about the little intangible things that don't show up in the stat sheet and him being a coach out on the floor and a calming pressence the team needed. Pat has NONE of that, and he also doesn't bring anything to the production part of things for this team from both offensive and defensive game. He should still play, I'd just play him way less. That's just my opinion and as most already know, I'm typically pretty fair to our players and staff.
I have always defended the kid but can no longer do so.

He doesn't seem to have much intensity left at all. As last night showed Iowa has better younger players. Patrick does not seem to enjoy playing very much. His "enthusiasm" looks forced. If Josh can do anything thing like last night, then he must get a lot more playing time.

The starting lineup tonight should be the starting lineup from here on out. If Dix didn't win the starting job after the last two games then Fran is creating a problem for himself. Things like sprained a sprained ankle opened the door for Dix. In terms of power rating this team moved up to the middle of the pack in the conference. Two of the three losses were to teams at the top of the conference standings. This is a much different team since 1-1-24.

Iowa has 5 scoring threats with tonight's starting five. Tonight they had Minnesota on their heels trying to guard the perimeter and keep Iowa from scoring in the paint.
I luv Dix!

There, I said it.

Oh, I see what you boys are doing here. Very juvenile.

Personally, I like it when Josh and Brock play at the same time. Its always disappointing when Fran does not give us enough Harding Dix to enjoy.

r
B
Oh, I see what you boys are doing here. Very juvenile.

Personally, I like it when Josh and Brock play at the same time. Its always disappointing when Fran does not give us enough Harding Dix to enjoy.

Brock is getting much more valuable time on the court

He was a large part of the comeback early in the first half

Brought the ball across half-court with No turnovers, and distributed the ball quite nicely

That behind the back, no look pass to Freeman under the baskets left the goofers dazzled

Dix has become an essential part of the game

His D is solid and He Can Score

The Hawks, in the past two games, have developed a team concept and ability to use the
bench very well

A Solid Yea

r
B

Brock is getting much more valuable time on the court

He was a large part of the comeback early in the first half

Brought the ball across half-court with No turnovers, and distributed the ball quite nicely

That behind the back, no look pass to Freeman under the baskets left the goofers dazzled

Dix has become an essential part of the game

His D is solid and He Can Score

The Hawks, in the past two games, have developed a team concept and ability to use the
bench very well
Nice summary.